Hobbyist Drone Insurance Investigations ... June 2019

That M2Z itch perhaps ;o)

1 Like

LOL - I’m remarkably well controlled (sadly) when it comes to that sort of thing. So no, no chance of that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brave and maybe unwise words from me

The wind had dropped to a reasonable level so I quickly cobbled a mission together, took myself and Dogzilla down to the beach and launched from in front of the lifeboat station. Noy a world record flight by any means but somewhat worrying for me as I had deliberately planned the flight almost all over water to try and rid myself of the apprehension I feel when there is no land beneath

And then lost the downlink!

’ And the aircraft carried on with the mission, got to the final waypoint and hovered, job done!

6 Likes

What were you flying?

Mavic Air. Wind from the southwest so not helping on any of the legs, going up to 120m so wind expected to be twice that of the surface and Litchi gave a flight time of 13 minutes which is just about my comfort zone (I like to have 30% at the end of a mission to handle landing,holding off if any passers by and anything else that might add to the flight time.

And having previously lost an Inspire in the same area due in part to sudden voltage drop I know how damaging a spell underwater can be :frowning:

2 Likes

Anyone joined the British Model Flying Association (BMFA)? Reason I ask, is I want to be able fly my MP with peace of mind in relation to insurance. It’s £38 for six months membership, which includes public liability insurance.

Moved your post to an existing, and extensive, thread on insurance and BMFA in this respect.

It’s £38 for a year, reduced fees apply for joining in a year after 1st July.
I’ve been a member for about four years now
Fortunately never had to use the insurance
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just joined FPVUK with a view to getting insurance from that flyicarus & they are insuring ppl atm.
I’ve looked at that Coverdrone but 80 odd quid wow.
I have seen another for about £27 but not looked into it properly yet.
So if anyone else has got an input would be great

Sry that £27 one is actually £29.95 & I think that’s just for public liability cos accidental damage, travel & the other cpl would mean it would cost around £200 mark. (Drones cover club).

I haven’t had any time to re-do my investigation and opted to cancel my own insurance as they more than doubled the price from £40 to over £90.

It seems they are all going that way.

2 Likes

Sry just realised reading back I stated flyicarus are insuring.
However they are not so if anyone can point me in the right direction please do so.
Thanks

Would anyone else like to pick up the gauntlet and do a 2020 version?

1 Like

What insurance companies do you recommend in UK.
I have DJI MA2.
I would like to fly safely, not to worry about the drone.

Moved your post over to this thread that probably has more information that fits your question.

And welcome to GADC, too! :+1:

1 Like

I use eversure.com for my accidental drone insurance, seem good and not expensive but you have to specify your drone including serial number

3 Likes

I have for the last year and half. No complaints

1 Like

Any takers?

Sadly I can’t.

You may have spotted my reduced attendance here. The prime reason for that is the baby brothers we are currently fostering - they absolutely dominate our day and we are loving it if a little exhausted.

It also means I haven’t used my drone or camera in weeks and certainly don’t have time to review my original findings.

1 Like

I wasn’t for a moment suggesting you do it again this year @stubbyd mate :blush:

I was hoping one of our other members would pick up the gauntlet :+1:t2:

1 Like