HOVERAir X1 drone from Zero Zero Robotics

I was always a bit sceptical over the existence of this drone and I assumed it was just another scam, but it turns out that it is actually real.

Some of you may remember the V-Coptr drone from 2019 and it’s remarkable bi-motor design: V-Coptr Falcon - the world's first v-shaped bi-copter, and other v-shaped bi-copters - #6 by FIREFOX

Well, the X1 is made by the same firm:

Is it worth £400 of your shiny pounds?

I’ll let our good friend Aldryn Estacio at Flytpath help you decide:

1 Like

With $50M venture capital finance and further funding in the pipeline plus the use of AI as a major part of their business plan this company could revolutionise the blogger camera market. If they ever manage to get the camera sensors up to 4k at the £400 price and keep that weight down then I can see this item almost becoming a no brainer accessory for photographers, bloggers and documentary film makers.

The AI part is the most interesting aspect. Basically the idea is to create cameras that can intelligently fly themselves and don’t require piloting. A bit like driverless cars. That is a new paradigm where drones are concerned. Will the CAA have to create a new class system within the open category for flying devices that aren’t being piloted by a person? Maybe the open category in the uk could suddenly get a compete revamp if you suddenly end up with a market of several million autonomous flying cameras.

Keven and Karen are going to go ballistic no doubt.