How do I make a virtual tour with an Insta 360 x3 camera

I want to try my hand at a 360 tour. We have to do a job and it will be useful for me to be able to look around the event when we get home. One website said Kuula but I am unsure if it will be public. I want to be able to do it so I can view it at home but not show the world.

We are very new to this camera and have no real clue how to use it. Do not want it to be a waste of money. We are very lucky with this as it was submerged under water with the USB cover open but it dried out and it is working. Now want to get some use out of the camera as at the moment I feel my phone is better in some cases.

Help. (thanks)

1 Like

Kuula is easy to do and can be private or public

Also there’s Panoee which like above but added features and higher quality resolution compared to Kuula.

You find a few discussions on the site reference these 2.

1 Like

:+1: for Kuula … and, with a free account, you can set it to Public or Private … but not Unlisted …

1 Like

Thanks all

2 Likes

We are very new to this camera and have no real clue how to use it. Do not want it to be a waste of money. We are very lucky with this as it was submerged under water with the USB cover open but it dried out and it is working. Now want to get some use out of the camera as at the moment I feel my phone is better in some cases.

I have an iPhone 15PM so 100% the phone is better than the X3 for flat 4K video. Where it comes into its own is 360 videos or wide angle photos on a selfie stick.

Bought my X3 last year to go on holiday with the diving case but apart from a dolphin boat ride, where I did get a far away look at some dolphins :grin:, I didnt go snorkelling. I have also taken a 360 tour of Edinburgh last August which I still need to edit down. This year I’ll also be getting footage when I’m out on my motorbike and we are off to Rome in a few weeks (no motorbike :face_holding_back_tears:) so will be great in the Colosseum and other sites.

The main reason of buying was to get the drone-like shots as I thought proper drone ownership was going to be too complicated. I’m now the owner of a Mini 3 :joy:

I think I have to get used to some of the settings to it. I feel that the quality I am getting is not what as expected when I see examples on the web

On a phone or tablet screen they will look good, on a 4K screen less so.

It helps if you go superwide as that will use more of the sensor data. Close in shots will look poor.

Here is a hyperlapse video from mine whilst driving. I had the carbon pole stuck out of my window and wedged by the seat.

2 Likes

That looks wicked. I am guessing the camera was ok in the wind chill that long then. (as it recorded well). Need to look into this camera more. Impressed

1 Like

To be fair that was recorded at the end of August when it hit about 20c up here, but people take them skiing and have them hanging off motorbikes.

1 Like

Lol, I was lucky, our was submerged with the USB cover was open. Oops.