How many are new to you?

This is a very useful Video for beginners But even experience flyers Be honest how many have you never given to much consideration to?

3 Likes

I agree but for those who bought for Christmas or are occasional flyers I thought he covered the topic well The comment toward the end about smart watch potentially causing interference was one I had not considered before Although as you say common sense Really :thinking: :blush:

1 Like

I’m new to drones and have a dji phantom 2, this video was helpful for me although a lot is common sense, the part about smart watch and phone I hadn’t thought about so thanks

1 Like

Practice in atti mode?! I’m to scared :worried: something about having the GPS backup :grimacing:

1 Like

NO No I would not do that either :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I don’t believe that many of the DJI products these days provide the option for the user to switch to ATTI mode. I cite DJI as that seems to be the most popular on here.

However I do agree with the video presenter that it should be the aim of the user to feel competent enough to fly in ATTI mode, if anything it makes for smoother video. I also think it’s a good idea to be able to fly continuous figure eight patterns in all orientations LOS. As well as teaching you to fly nose in it’s a great exercise for combining roll and yaw stick inputs together for controlled fluid turns.

Regards

Nidge.

2 Likes

I feel like I now need to try this, :poop: :grimacing:
In a massively wide space. Silly question…
it will still hover? But maybe drift? :thinking:

No such thing as a silly question.

All DJI drones that have ATTI capability will still maintain altitude, but will, as you rightly stated, drift in the direction of the wind. It would be a major mistake on the part of DJI if it didn’t hold altitude as all their controllers sticks self centre.

I modified my Spark so I could select ATTI mode:

1. Because this is my preferred mode on all my models, except for my race/freestyle quads where I use ACRO.

2. At one time there were many daily accuracies of Spark owners experiencing the Compass/Yaw error and the Spark flying off. This way if it ever happened to mine I could just switch to ATTI and still have full control.

I would say that everyone is more than capable of flying in ATTI mode. You wouldn’t notice any difference from GPS mode until you came to a stop, and even then it’s still easy enough to maintain a stationary position with minimal stick input. Though GPS hold is really handy when you need to take your eyes off the model to change camera settings, or pour yourself a coffee.

Nidge.

2 Likes

Ah nice one, very helpful, I will be giving this a go for sure, thanks for that Nidge :ok_hand:

1 Like

@McSteamy2010 I’ve just realised that the above is slightly misleading. When going hands off the throttle in GPS mode the model hard brakes to a stop. In ATTI mode it will carry on moving until the inertial energy has depleted or you apply reverse pitch. This is something to REALY take into consideration especially when flying toward an immoveable object such as a tree, a wall, or yourself :scream:

Nidge.

1 Like

Noted :joy: just have visions of me hitting the dirt on my next outing. Worth knowing though, thanks :pray:

Thought the video was definitely useful for new flyers and some good reminders for more experienced users too. Seldom fly in ATTI mode personally… Not felt the need.

The way he hand landed was odd… Wouldn’t want to try that with my MPro