How much does FPV cost? (Getting Started - A Case Study)

This thread is scaring me :face_with_peeking_eye:

Ignorance is bliss :point_down:

Thats what we all thought Chris but this shits more addictive than crack mate :grimacing: lol

Its a very slippery slope Chris :rofl:

I already find myself looking at a small mountable camera. The Runcam Thumb looks cheap but not sure about the stabilisation and on 1080p. The Insta360 Go looks decent, used prices seem to be around £120, but still only 1080p, and video recording time is very short. The Go 2 looks great, 2K resolution, 10 minute clips with stabilisation … but the cost … wow. More than the quad :joy:

You undersell yourself Steve :laughing:

Yeah alot of people end up attaching a brand new GoPro or similar to their quads :astonished: I dont use an action cam yet (although probably will at some point), I just use the dvr footage for now. The way I fly Id be going through cameras like theyre going out of fashion lol

Yeah Go 2 is great, stabilisation and video quality very good.
Download of video is slow though.

Runcam thumb has less good video, stabilisation is a manual process but can work well. Best way to download is to take the sd card out and put it your computer.

So the choice is yours…

2 Likes

Any ideas which digital system you will not be upgrading to Jez? Lol

Yeah but they are very cool ask @Howard78 ;o)

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a viable alternative to DJI. I thought that was going to be HDZero, but JB’s comparison video in the multi-storey car park did not do it any favours. Still looks like analog is better if you’re heading for a bando.

Now I’ve got my analog working better (properly?) I should be able to hold out on the digital for a while.

Honestly Jez as a former HDZero owner I can say the HDZero is still a great digital system and far out performs analogue on everyday use image quality wise. I wouldnt let that video put you off as its pretty extreme trying to penetrate through 4 very thick levels of concrete and steel carpark. Realistically in normal bando situations it still works well :+1:t2:

Dont forget too that as dji still has a clear picture, the latency will be higher. Something you cant see on videos

1 Like

Another good point :+1:t2:

I need to be put off, though. :grin:

Yes, and at my age, those extra milliseconds make all the difference. /s :rofl:

And the board thinks I’m talking to Steve too much. :upside_down_face:
“Hey, get a room already!”

1 Like

Not in the slightest… you’ll be lucky to notice them.

1 Like

read my posts and be put off. :wink:

Read my bank statement and be put off. :wink:

You still have 2 kidneys I presume Jez?

PMSL love it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Must say they are very good I use mine( well what’s left of it :rofl: after strapping it to my Nazgul ) when I’m out walking.

Iv even had one of the guys at work tape it to a piece of threaded bar and pop it down into an engine as to search for an oil leak…

2 Likes