How to use an iPad as a second monitor with a DJI RC2 controller

Here’s a video I’ve made on how to use something like an iPad as a second screen from a DJI RC2

3 Likes

Hi @Hogarth it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

I can’t help but think, why not just use the RC-N2 with the iPad Pro

It’s all about options for me, 9/10 I’ll just throw the RC2 in a bag and be off, sometimes I want the big screen, not often, but I wouldn’t want just the RCN2 on its own and have to faff with phones/tablets all the time.

It just gives me that flexibility if required. I tried to list some use cases in the description, for example if you’ve got a few people with you, it’s easier for them to watch the larger screen.

I get not everyone will see a use for it, horses for courses etc…

Hope you still enjoyed the video though.

It does open up something else, which again isn’t for everyone, but I’ll show what that is in the next video.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to GADC Nigel @Hogarth :wave:t2:

Does the original DJI RC offer HDMI-out via USB-C? :thinking: Or is this unique to the DJI RC2, do you know?

Just the DJI RC2 and DJI RC Pro I’m afraid.

1 Like

No worries, valuable information, thanks :smiley:

Certainly a useful feature for the SAR flights I do for missing dogs - always helpful to have a second pair of eyes on the search and not have someone leaning over your shoulder when trying to concentrate on flying - sometimes in some real dodgy areas :+1:

Hey thanks.

Thats a great use case id not considered