Hubsan X4 - help with RTH, please?

Only three times. I am guessing that the Potensic I used didn’t have one too then because the video from it used to swing like a pendulum?

Yeah thats right. Hey still ok tho. I liked the look of the hubsan zino 2.
I’d just fly it in opened spaces and see how you go. If you have a fly away and not really high. Turn the motors off by pressing both controls into corners. Hubsan x4 is robust i had mine in tree once and didn’t break and another time shut motors off 60m up and still works.
Most of time tho was ok.
The better the calibration the better it flys. Hope this helps.

Looking at the specs for your drone (not sure of the preicse model, there seem to be variants of the X4) it only has a limited range anyway. Looks to be somewhere between 100 and 400 meters. Bear in mind that if you are flying in an area with other wifi interference the range will be less. It also won’t do well if you do not have a line of sight to it (which you should anyway!) so don’t send it behind things.

Hope that helps.

Interesting…so what is the range of some other drones then?

That’s as varied as car top speeds my friend, some are 50 meters, some are 8KM. Personally at the beginner stage as I am, I’d be terrified to send it further than 500 meters anyway. It’s small and hard to see and the law where I am says I must be able to see the drone at all times. Not sure how you’d comply with that whilst flying 8KM away… Not with my eyes anyway!

Thanks for that.
OK, update here - I lost my video feed tonight and this time I took a screenshot of my phone and took a photo of the controller…IMG_6604 IMG_6605