Human error

So it turns out that it’s not impossible to mess up with a Typhoon H,

After it down on me on Monday, the guys at yuneec read through the data logs and put a 3D replay together… it turns out that I hit the wrong joystick… coursing the drone to doing and clip the ground…

Despite it being my fault the guys at Yuneec gave me a very generous discount on a new C23…

it’s been a very expensive week.

Please tell me I’m not the only one to trash a £900 camera in less than a month?

2 Likes

What happened Darren?

Did I miss something.

I was out for a flight, when the beast had what I thought was a funny turn… but it turns out it was human error…
Very expensive learning curve… good job I have a very understanding wife…

1 Like

Really sorry to hear that mate.

Glad you got it fixed.

I thought the landing legs came down when you were close to the ground. Guessing that’s not the case?

The legs only come down automatically on RTL.

It’s not a mistake I’ll make again :crazy_face:

1 Like

Did you happen to catch it on video?

No was just having a play around so didn’t have the camera on… :neutral_face:.

Did a really great job of spoiling a lovely camera…

Was planning on getting out early tomorrow and hopefully get a shot or two of the local lake…

1 Like

I think you might be :cry:

Would a repair not have been cheaper? But it’d have meant you’d be grounds for weeks on end :slightly_frowning_face:

Ouch! I hope it’s not long before you’re back in the air again.

2 Likes

I think he already is.

The benefit of having a service agent on your doorstep.

1 Like

Unfortunately it was beyond repair. I smashed the lens and snapped the gimbal…

I just feel lucky that the Yuneec guys charge me way less than the £900… but I really can’t afford to do it again…

But on the bright side. I’ve ordered a mantis q… when the next batch come in… :sunglasses:

And yes I’m back in the air… :blush:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your “Misdemeanour” with the ground.
Glad to see your air borne again !
It can happen to the best of us !

1 Like

I’ve been ordered to point out that the Mantis Q is hers… :smirk:

2 Likes

Trust me I’m not in the league of the best…

But Daniel from the team at Yuneec spent loads of time teaching me helpful hints and tips…

2 Likes

Nice ,when you Customer help like that ! full marks Yuneec !

I cannot fault them. They really do give me a great service and really know their stuff…

I was considering a Dji for a 2nd drone. But want to stay with Yuneec because the product and service…

I am sure a lot of people on here will love to hear how you (I mean the Wife!) gets on with the Mantis Q

I’m not sure how long the wait is. But the wife assures me she will give a full report. But that’s once she snatched it back from me… :star_struck:

1 Like

I’m trying to resist googling what the Mantis Q is. :rofl:

I can!

Next time you’re in there, tell them to do me the courtesy of a reply to my email re a GADC club discount agreement :rofl:

1 Like