Iceland Road Trip

Having an amazing time up here in Iceland.
Glaciers, waterfalls, cliffs, black sand beaches, snow, ice, more snow, and some surprisingly good weather. Here’s 2 short videos of our fun so far…

Ian

10 Likes

Great Videos Ian !, takes me back to my time in Norway with the Northern Lights, Glacial flights.
Keep em’ coming !.

Fantastic shots in the 2nd video @ianinlondon

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming :+1:

Thanks guys… got some insanely beautiful video yesterday of frozen waterfalls and lots more snow and ice… Working on the next video now…
Cheers
Ian

2 Likes

Enjoying your vids, had a couple of visits, Those black sand beaches eh? :+1:

1 Like

Looks a beautiful place, great vids

1 Like

Amazing Ian @ianinlondon
Looking forward to the next video

1 Like

Iceland, is defo on my visit bucket list !, SOON (I hope!)

1 Like

Ian some great sceens of the ice , snow and waterfalls.
The Northern Lights also looke spectacular well done.

1 Like

Hi there
Absolutely loved your videos, I am going to Iceland later this week and wonder if you could give me some hints and tips about flying my mavic pro there.
Thank you
Mouse.

Yes. The Golden Circle itiiniary was, IMHO, average and hopelessly over crowded with tourists and plastered with No Drones signs. But in truth, drone shots would be awful anyway given the number of people crowded round.
So my advice is to veer off the main track and find the beautiful shots where the tourists aren’t.
Like the UK, landowners don’t control airspace but they are allowed to prevent you from controlling your drone. But as said, for me, the best shots were far away from tourists where there are no signs and no restrictions.
Defo rent a car. The South coast is beautiful and rugged. The western Snaefellsness Peninsula is staggering, especially on the northern side, and much quieter. I’ll get my Western Region video up in a few days but I posted a fair few pictures on my Instagram at ian_in_london which show the amazing sights of the Western peninsula.
Hopel that helps.

Ian.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
We will be staying in a cottage on the east side of Þingvallavatn lake for a few days and then going to Reykjavik for a few days.
Already rented Toyota 4x4 as we are on a lot of F roads and looking at recent weather reports might need it, Apparently according to road.is, most of the central Highlands and the south are closed apart from the golden circle road.
Have a great time
Mouse

The interior is all closed until June usually. But all the roads around the island are open and fine. And you’ll probably have snow tyres which are almost as good as driving with chains on.
Have a great trip.
Ian

Great video! I enjoyed that! Jealous!!!

Deffo agree with all of that.

I was there in Feb 2018 and the usual places were heaving. Going off the beaten track is the way to really see the place.

https://youtu.be/CvKjFGbkolI

2 Likes

And the last installment!

cheers,
Ian

5 Likes

Great Videos Ian !, Looks like you had a wonderful experience.
Thanks for keeping us “On The Spot” with your videos.
Hopefully will inspire many members to travel to Iceland, I certainly have already added it to my Bucket list for a Holiday, I hope to get there in the next year or two!.

1 Like

Save up.It ain’t cheap :joy::joy:
But the views are incredible. We were very lucky with the weather tho.
Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Can’t be any worse than Norway Ian !.
Beer around £12 a pint ! (that was 2 years ago!)
How did you get on with flying in the cold?.
Any battery life problems, warning messages?

Yep… About that area…, £25 for 2 coffees and 1 piece of cake… But great place… Utterly loved it…

1 Like