As I said thank you for posting the rules. :blush:

1 Like

From outside to inside and around.

A……!

I’m not a nutter, a bit deranged but not a nutter
:grin::grin::grin:

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Sorry but all you fpv guys are nutters! :rofl: Nice nutters maybe, but still nutters.

1 Like

Fair enough, as is so often the case the nuance is easily missed online, thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Most of us are nutters but the type that you’d want as friends! :sunglasses:

I started off with camera drones but found fpv a natural progression as I wanted better footage and really enjoyed fpv.

I fly in and around buildings but one of my main “practice” areas is a public park so due to that I need to have the labels to be compliant.

You’d probably find that most fpv pilots have a better grasp of regulations and a more complete skill set than quite a lot of DJI camera drone fans.

Flying fpv is definitely the harder craft to fly

2 Likes

No arguments there! I’ve had a shot of fpv once. I like the easy life and flights, which is why I think you’re nutters, it’s definitely harder to pilot fpv than camera ships, so why do it?
In all seriousness it all comes down to different strokes for different folks, I’ll continue to watch your crashing videos that make me sick and make my legs wobbly while I try to smile at how easy my mini2 is :rofl:

2 Likes

Totally agree - I like to have choice so have fpv drones to suit many types of flying (race, freestyle and cinematic) as well as a mini2 and a dji fpv.

Personally, I started flying drones when everything was manual and DJI’s standard was one of them huge phantoms.
So being able to fly LOS and having decent control was the difference between flying again and having a fly away.
There is no better feeling than flying FPV - well unless you can pilot a plane/helicopter IMO

Hmmm… speed, swooping around like a bird or a fighter pilot… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just be sure the label does not take your <250g drone to over 250g!

Hmmm…I wonder what the legal situation is when the drone doesn’t record the camera image, but the FPV goggles on the ground do :confused:

Reading the actual explanation on the link FPUK posted I would say that the dvr recordings from analog cameras on the goggles would still fall under the no operator ID required guideline… but thats only my reasoning/understanding of the rule.

Tagging @FPVUK Simon for his input ;o)

I’m not a lawyer (or a court of law). I am therefore not qualified to answer this, and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice.

As the CAA said:
This is ultimately a decision for the operator to make; if the FPV camera is not a ‘sensor able to capture personal data ’ then the operator is not required to register him/ herself.

The provision of images or other data solely for the use of controlling or monitoring the aircraft is not considered to be applicable to the meaning of ‘a sensor able to capture personal data’ in relation to the registration of UAS operators within Article 14 (5)(a) ii of the IR.

Therefore one must ask oneself; is the camera on your drone providing The provision of images or other data solely for the use of controlling or monitoring the aircraft, or not?

You might decide that a camera on a mini-drone FPV racing through trees clearly meets that definition. You might assert that it would be impossible to identify any personal data from the footage, even if it was recorded.

On the other hand, it’s a tenner to register…

this :point_up_2:t2: then who cares? you’re covered :grin:

but based on the above DJI DVR would be able to easily record personal data. but an analogue whoop or Tinyhawk style quad would not.

but lets be honest, in the 3 years I’ve been flying both camera drones and FPV drones not once have I been asked to prove that I have an operator ID or Flyer ID.

:man_shrugging:t2: