Ikea to use stock counting drones

3 Likes

I bet it gets fo£’in lost…

Love the look of them :heart_eyes: …

… but I fear the promise of “a more ergonomic workforce” is covering for a somewhat less desirable outcome for the human workers.

Or maybe not.

Some more detail in this study: Emerging technologies and the use case: A multi-year study of drone adoption

Including:

Despite the common assumption that automation is seen as a threat by workers, the interviewees from IKEA reported that employees were very receptive to the drones taking over the stock counting task, and this included the workers who presently performed this task. The main reason is that continual stock counting is seen as tedious. It can also involve safety risks when working at heights.

IKEA should have drones showing the way out of their stores. Last time I was in one it wasn’t easy to find :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

@JockyB I agree 100% I was in there today and had to ask a member of staff to show me a shortcut so I could leave without the miles of serpentine walk between stuff I don’t care nor need. I only went in there to pickup some outdoor garden stools

It’s also good that they don’t sell drones. Could you imagine trying to assemble one using their instruction leaflets :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You could get plenty of spare parts at the pick up point :smile:

Ahh yes and those small pouches of pva glue and a couple of dowels :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Hope you’re well Francesco and perhaps see you at Bewl Water again soon? Cheers, Lee

I still think the batteries will run out before they find the docking station flying around the one way system in Ikea.

@Lee_Clark

Yes Lee I am ok’ish and I hope to make it to Bewl Waters when the weather is suitable.

Cheers