I'll be watching you... Chasing StevieGeeks Alba Bird (not completely)

Another opportunity to chase a plane, and I will never say no to that!

This is @Steviegeek’s Alba Bird again. Was instructed to get closer (though not as close as I liked, and the flight was cut short…) Lucky @DeanoG60

4 Likes

'kinell Deano mate, these geezers were out to kill you!

Great chasing @gunja99 :smiley:

1 Like

Hey don’t count me in on that… I avoided the tree… :wink:

At least a lot shorter walk for recovery than usual :smiley:

1 Like

You’re tell me! lol My life flashed before my eyes and I needed new boxers! I’d brought a spare pair of socks and shoes… but not boxers! :rofl:

1 Like

Obviously I was still flying. It was LOUD! Expected it to be further into the trees than that and further back.

Fortunately Deano and the plane are more or less fine I believe, just new pants and a new prop, he’s probably already ordered!

Plane just needs front camera plate and a prop, no biggie :laughing:

Apologies to @DeanoG60 for raising his blood pressure, too busy trying to set up a good shot for @gunja99 :man_facepalming:

Looking forward to next meet there :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Bloody great flying @gunja99

How the hell you orbit and keep track of the wing !
Let alone match speed.

1 Like

Brilliant flying and videography, and an excellent edit, love that music, well done all!

1 Like

Lord knows. Wasn’t that clean, and I didn’t want to cross road so turned away (you may notice the cuts are when he flies behind us too much or too far away or over roads, I wanted to stay over the fairways!). Wanted to do it a few more times, but well… you know what happened :wink: It’s not a fast plane, and love that plane, lovely to follow (not the first time chased that one!)

It’s not a slow quad in comparison. Practise, practise, practise I guess. Need more orbit practise tbh! Sure will get some more chances as the weather improves.

That was bloody close in parts but we thought that anyway. Well done Martin.
I saw it hit the tree, so think my gasp inspired Deano to side step, otherwise there wouldn’t have been a gap big enough for it to crash into. Shortest walk for a recovery in history i think.
Park ranger has been in touch and requested that as it’s a golf course could we next time fill in the divets. And use the toilets instead of leaving a pile of excrement by the trees, I apologised and said we would and we bring poo bags incase someone is induced to shit themselves.

1 Like

To quote Ken Heron, “Trees are dicks”

1 Like

Shame the person who left that big pile of doggy do do didn’t…

Lovely video, well done that man :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

I wasn’t wrong …

Well. as you saw Stevie GS fell to the ground. And Steve SB fell to ground and previously seen Stevie GS fall to the ground. Seems like wings don’t get stuck up there like drones (@bmsleight’s recently), however they still hit them just the same…so get rid of those quads and all fly wings heh, as they at least fall from those pesky trees

1 Like

And Rich’s @PingSpike got his drone stuck in a tree. Not only are wings aerodynamic but branchdynamic as well. :laughing:

1 Like

Mine fell down … Just took two months for it to fall.

1 Like

Nice flying there!