Image problems making new Mavic unusable

Thanks for that!

I popped round to see @AndyQC4 - the live image problem seems to be intermittent but it was the same on my phone and using different cables so I think itā€™s either the MP or controller. The image corrected itself temporarily but wouldnā€™t stay sorted for long.

3 Likes

Many thanks kvetner for your help, at least it ruled out devices/ leads/ my stupidity. Ive just emailed dji and drones direct so I will keep you updated when I hear something. You are a star!

3 Likes

got to be a unique badge for @kvetner

1 Like

Thanks Brian, I have tried every setting I can think of with no joy on 3 different devices. I know I can get the proper photos and vid that way but the fpv view is so bad I canā€™t really see what I am filming, or alter settings to make it look nice because all I am seeing is a mess. Andy

No worries, I didnā€™t realise it was the live fpv that was the issue, I thought it was viewing the lower res photos and video stored on your phone/tablet

1 Like

Brian, I appreciate any ideas or suggestions so thanks for trying!

There are not many people who are prepared to call at a strangers to help like @kvetner, did, I am very grateful. Definitely a badge called for!

3 Likes

@kvetner has been awarded The Over and Above Badge. :+1:

6 Likes

Great! He deserves it!

2 Likes

Yay! Good luck with getting the damn thing fixed or replaced, @AndyQC4!

1 Like

Iā€™m in the process of emailing back and forth to dji, I will give an update when I get a verdict. If dji agree it is faulty, I think drones direct come and collect it, then I have to wait for it to be tested. Its brand new and under warranty so things will be ok, its just the time it all takes! Glad you got a badge, its not much but well deserved!

Andy

1 Like

Drones direct are chancers.

If the goods are faulty your contract is with them, not DJI. If they are going to test it, why are they making you jump through hoops with DJI?

Personally I wouldnt be putting up with that on a new drone which is faulty out the box.

They are just wasting time.

1 Like

I think you may be right. I am waiting for an email from them in response to one I sent this morning, so if I dont hear tomorrow I will start getting more insistant.

They wanted me to speak to dji to go through troubleshooting with them ā€œas they know their product inside outā€ in case it was a fixable problem, but if dji cant help, then they send a courier to get it. If I dont speak to dji, then I have to pay to return it myself by courier or post with insurance, so I decided to go the dji route. If it comes to it I will deliver it personally.

Its a pain, I will update when I know more,

Andy

1 Like

Itā€™s up to them to arrange collection or reimburse you mate. You shouldnā€™t ever be paying to return faulty goods.

See where you get with DJI but if drones direct drag their heels, Iā€™d be tempted to send this template to show you know your rights.

You can edit it if youā€™d prefer a replacement.

Hopefully you get a resolution soon and it does not put you off.

4 Likes

Thanks @callum that is great, really helpful. I hope I dont need it but I should find out tomorrow one way or another. I was still trying to work with them in case it was something that could be sorted out, but enough is enough.

Andy

2 Likes

Sent that one a few times myself, Callum, always wakes the basteds up !!

2 Likes

The Consumer Rights Act 2015

Its always nice to have a little understanding of the wording, come in very handy especially when dealing with companies who seem to want to pass the buck.

Although not always possible, I now try to purchase all high value (especially electrical) on Amazon, where you never seem to get any hassle on returns or faulty goods.

2 Likes

Thanks, Amazon are pretty good for returning stuff. I took a chance with DD because of the price, butā€¦

Iā€™ve been buying form the Direct group since they were 2 brothers selling discounted camcorders and hifi gear on Wakefield market.

Never a drone though, and always in store (they are reasonably close to me).

I think nowadays itā€™s that big company mentality of trying to pass blame, I even had it with John Lewis and a poorly Sonos speaker a few years ago.

2 Likes