Image problems making new Mavic unusable

I have a new Mavic Pro Platinum and I have been trying to get it going.

I cant get a decent image on either of the devices which I use for my Phantom 3 standard. It is really pixellated and fuzzy, absolutely terrible. Whatever I try, no change. Did a reluctant firmware update but still no change.The Samsung tab S2 I use has often been problematic, but the phone has always been fine. I changed hd to regular and got a brief decent picture on the phone, but next time I switched on it was back to pixellated and I cant get it back. No response to any changes of setting, terrible image. Im thinking of returning this because it is unusable at present, and I dont want to buy a new device and have that not work too.

Has anyone got any ideas? Ive had it a week and my head is about to explode.

Andy

Have you tried a different cable?

Perhaps a friend/family member has another device (perhaps an Apple) you can try to see how the picture is with that just to rule out it being an aircraft fault.

I presume the quality of recorded video/stills is ok?

1 Like

Thanks for replying, I have been using the cable that came with it, I tried another but couldn’t get it to work at all. I am trying to think of someone I know with an apple device who would let me try, as that would be a good test.

The stills are OK but I can’t vouch for video, yet to be checked. The fpv view looks like Dr Who when the daleks fired, and they used that horrible effect like bad over exposure but pixelated too.

I hope this is fixable as I’ve wanted a Mavic for so long!!

Andy

Maybe have a look in camera settings and make sure that the sharpness setting isn’t all the way down.

There is also a setting to rest all camera settings, that might be worth a look too.

It’s keeping me awake on night shift

1 Like

I had this with my Mavic Air but it was only ever on video. Since I moved to my new phone I haven’t had an issue.

I was running on a Wileyfox Swift 2 and now on a Honor 10. So definitely try another device that is newer than the Tab just to se if it is that.

1 Like

I could pop round with my M2Z and my phone, and you could try different cables and devices to try and isolate the issue.

2 Likes

kvetner, that is very kind I may take you up on that. I am waiting for my neighbour to come in so I can ask can I use their ipad, but I have got nowhere yet.

I am hoping its device related, but both were fine with the Phantom 3.

As I am asking the favour, maybe I should come to you?

Thanks
Andy

Andy

1 Like

Thanks milkmanchris. I have tried a camera reset, no effect. I cant find sharpness, but I have tried every button I can to no avail. Beginning to get very frustrated!

Andy

That sounds promising, I really didnt want to shell out for a new device but needs must I suppose. I will have to start selling my old stuff or the wife will go crazy!

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

I’d suggest device then if recorded video is fine.

Are what you are using on the ‘supported’ list ?

Remember the phantom version of GO is not the same beast (if I remember correctly)

1 Like

Andy, I’ll PM you.

Out of interest have you checked the SD card, i had a problem with my M2P and someone mentioned that (cant remember who) but i was so grateful

And bosh works fine now :+1:

1 Like

I tried a galaxy tab 2 10 inch tablet but the graphics processor isn’t up to it. Currently use Epsom bt300 moverio glasses very sweet. Also used samsung s8 s9 and s10 with no problems
I hope this is helpful to you😁

2 Likes

Pilningpilot, thanks, very helpful. They will be added to the list!

Andy

That is worth a try, what was the problem and what size /speed card did you replace it with? Im not great at this stuff so it would be nice to have a recommendation.

Thanks

Andy

The faster the better.

The SanDisk Extreme are typically good and not outrageously expensive.

2 Likes

That’s all i use in all my drones, never had a problem with video, or photo.

2 Likes

As above Andy, i had probs with video stuttering sort of thing, changed to extreme no problems :+1:

2 Likes

From what I remember tha a2 class 10 sd micro will work in mavic pro but not typhoon h plus as I found out. I currently.run 64gb a2 class 10 card in my mavic pro with no problems😁

1 Like

Are you viewing the photos and vids on a phone? You might have your setting to just store a low resolution copy to the phone. If you turn on the mavic and the controller, connect it all to phone, you can go into the go4 app and dowoad the high res photos over WiFi to your phone or tablet. Either that or take out the memory card and put it into a, laptop or computer to download the hi res photos.