In the shadows of Pendle Hill, the ruins of Sawley Abbey

A break in the weather last weekend afforded an opportunity to fly the drones - the AIR3 at Pendle Hill (to come later this week) and the MINI3 Pro at the nearby Sawley Abbey, a grade 1 scheduled ruin in the care of English Heritage (hence the TOAL from the roadside).

21 Likes

A very competent smooth flight. Your control is great.

1 Like

Thank you Alistair, smoothness is paramount for a cinematic look and feel, I do try my best, but sometimes it doesnt always work out fully, especially when I am using a laggy old computer to edit and miss seeing things in the footage…

Great video with lovely music, I loved it! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for commenting John, it means a lot :slight_smile:

Lovely video, super smooth and cinematic! Like particularly the fast moves contrasting with the super low slow mo’s

2 Likes

Thanks Christian :slight_smile: Appreciated

1 Like

Suzanne:
A very nice job. I like the way you came into the scene and how you left it. Also, all the exploring you did whilst inside.
I think you just keep getting better. To borrow a lyric, “It’s getting better all the time.”

1 Like

Really great, thanks!
Also I think I saw (after looking a couple of times in slow-mo) how you used a subtle editing technique to minimise the risk in flying really close to the abbey at one point (I think the sheep walk backwards for a moment :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Thanks Philip, praise indeed…

Haha, well spotted John, yes, the backwards flight was a reverse, far safr than actually flying backwards, although I didnt spot the sheep moving… Have done some backwards flying this weekend though, with a waterfall and people around no opportunity for reversing the film :slight_smile:

Again very tranquil and relaxing you have a gift :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you, thats a very kind comment, much appreciated…

TBH, I truly believe anyone can learn to do the same as I do, it just takes time, patience, some focus to learn the editing techniques and an ability to critique yourself mercilessly…

Nice and smooth, I liked the music too. Were you tempted to fly the Avata through those gaps?

1 Like

Thanks… yeah, I did think about it, but as there were other folks inside the Abbey grounds I didnt want to disturb them too much…

1 Like

Tourists eh? What a nuisance :grinning:

1 Like