INAV stuff

Sorry for jumping in and going OT, but you guys are fecking mental (in a positive way) I just read this thread and still don’t have a clue, think I’ll stick to my mini2…but its intriguing, I might be back to read some more

Nah. I’m not bothered about the camera image. I have the little board.

It’s those osd elements…

Aha… got it.
I had to upgrade iNav and have had several different versions on. It appears that I had some settings left over from other versions… I had to clear the memory completely.

The OSD looks fine now.

So everything, bar the motor, is working… I need to have that motor turn up.

OK. I forgot the compass. I have one of those hmc boards.

I seem to remember hearing it needed to be kept clear of other electronic. Does that include servos?

No, just the power stuff, battery leads, motor / ESC wires and the battery itself. Although it is probably a good idea to avoid the servo signal wire as it is a PWM pulse train, personally I’ve never had an issue with servo interference though
HTH Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So somewhere towards the tail would work. Just two servos back there and then control wires to the control surfaces.

Are you building a plane / wing? Or a quad on Inav.

A 3D printed plane.
Here are all the parts so far…

1 Like

Looks brilliant. Forget the mag though. Inav doesn’t need it.

Arrr you beat me to the ‘delete my stupid post button’ :smiley:

Yes. I saw in a video that it didn’t need it… but then there’s so much discussed above about it…

I have loads of INAV planes, never used a compass and not had any problems. INAV knows which direction you are pointing by looking at the last few GPS points. Since planes are always moving and also can’t move sideways like a quad, the compass doesn’t add much (and also I’ve seen some people who have one disable it on planes as it was causing problems).
:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

So… is it possible to use a non-WING FC to control servos in iNav?

i.e. If I have a really, really small plane can I use a tiny and inexpensive quad copter FC (maybe one I have spare after a 4in1 ESC has blown), load it with iNav rather than betaflight and remap 3 of the ESC outputs onto servos?

Obviously this would be especially good on something where only a maximum of 3 servos are needed. eg, a wing.

Yeah of course. I’ve flew a wing using a kakute f4 which only had 4 motor outputs. So I used 1 for the motor and another 2 for the servos for the flaps. The motor output will drive servos. Just make sure you have a bec for the servo power as your fc might not supply enough current.

1 Like

And I guess if you need that 4th servo you can hijack the LED Strip output somehow?

Yeah, exactly :+1: Never remapped in inav though. Only in BF. Not sure if its possible?

1 Like

There’s a Kakute F7 mini which is inexpensive and even has 6 motor outputs already!

Motor, control rods, wheels, props and other bits just arrived.
Motor works with the ESC straight away, phew!

I can now get this thing all built up.

There H7 is looking like my next purchase :grinning:

Ver. 4 now officially released, ‘Red Kite’

2 Likes