Inspire 1 not transmitting images

I went to fly my Inspire 1 Pro today as I wanted to use the telphoyo end of the 14-42 lens on the X5

The apss = both DJI GO and Litchi show “disconnected” although the controller shows a green light, I can fore up the motors, operate the gimbal and the zoom. Neither app shows any signal.

Both apps report strong interference. I turned off the recently changed wifi router and removed the aerial from the 6.8GHz transmitter mounted on the aircraft - a self-contained pod with FPV cam, Tx and small lipo batteryto give me FPV when someone else is operating the camera. Nothing was powered on.

Anybody with any ideas before I start getting physical with it tomorrow?

For help with the diagnostics I have an X3 camera, anothe Ispire and both Android and IoS apps

Not sure I’m reading this right…

The app says disconnected, yet is also saying strong interference? :thinking:

You may have already seen this thread but if not there maybe some useful info that might help.

Nidge

https://forum.dji.com/thread-80987-1-1.html

Yes, The app (both litchi abd DJI show dixconnected on the top bar. A pop=up appears every few seconds saying strong radio interference.

The aircraft works but the image doesn;t appear on the tablet screen (iPad and Android tried) The channel strength shows nothing on any channel

Do you get the interference message with just the app running, and no USB Cable connected to the controller?

I had a brief look. I’ll try to see if I get the histogram but certainly the screen is blank as regards image, the map and all icons are present/

I had arranged to use a neighbours monkey puzzle tree and planned a video snippet using the 14-42 lens at the telephoto setting. Time wore on as Y got nowhere with solving the problem and the wind outside grew stronger. Eventually I shoved my Mavic Air in my pocket and took the shot with that - still, not video!

No. But now I;m not getting the controller to connect to the aircraft. Batteries are down as well. I’m going to feed th dog, feed myself and start afresh tomorrow with full batteries and a freskh perspective :slight_smile:

Ah, ok, so the issue is the controller won’t connect to the aircraft?

It wasn’t before I went out. Then I had the image / disconnected. interference problem. Now the controller doesn’t connect - red light on controller whereas before there was a green light and I could fire up the motors.

It’s one of those nasty little problems with things going awry when one solution is attempted, another solution brings a different set of problems.

I’m leaving it for the moment and starting afresh with charged batteries tomorrow.

All very strange.

Neither the controller nor the aircraft would run a firmware upgrade.

Removing the gimbal mounting plate proved the wires were ok and seated properly. Putting an X3 on the mount still gave no image.

A different controller, freshly linked to the aircraft made no difference.

Another Inspire decided that it too would not send an image.

A new cable, the old DJI Pilot app and the original offending aircraft, camera and controller suddenly worked.

Litchi worked.

But neither app has the facility to operate a zoom lens in flight. And DJI GO stayed put, refusing to transmit an image.

So, install on iPad - it worked.

The install that was on the Android tablet was removed and reinstalled. Once I hd put in my DJI ID and password it gave me a fun 10 question quiz, like the CAA operator test. Then a tutorial about flying the aircraft. Then it presented me with the staus screen, still telling me there was strong radio interference.

And, at last, an image from the camera, complete with focus and zoom sliders - which work.

So what lay at the root of a perfectly working setup suddenly not working I have no idea.

@PingSpike and @Nidge - many thanks for your help and suggestions, got there in the end :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really happy for you solving the problem. One thought that crosses my mind is an issue I’ve found is with mobile devices connecting to WiFi devices, this includes drones, GoPro’s and similar action cameras, even car diagnostic dongles, and that is when the mobile data is enabled connection issues arise. With my Spark and Anafi this results in the black screen of death, though all the telemetry features are still present. This happens even when the mobile device is connected to the controller via USB/OTG.

Nidge.

Did you get it sorted ? Sounds like the HDMI board has got corrupt. I can reprogram them, I’m in Wiltshire

Thanks Jimmy, problem got sorted back in 2020. But hang around - there are several of us flying Inspres, both 1 and 2, so your expertise will doubtless get called upon at some point :slight_smile:

Good I’m glad , yes I’ve done 2 inspires with X5’s with no fpv video error and or the controller with no connection to the app

Both require the modules to be re-programmed and bingo.

Fly safe