Inspire X3 NDVI Camera?

A friend of mine bought an Inspire with a X5 and X3 Camera. The seller he bought it from thought the X3 was faulty but it turns out it has an IR-Pro (no longer in business) NDVI conversion. Other than for agricultural use (mapping the health of vegetation) are there any other uses for such a camera that would be of interest to the average hobbyist?

Nidge.

Is it a real multispectral camera? Got any pics?

The only info I have on it are the pics my friend sent me as he didn’t know what it was.

I think the company IR-Pro didn’t actually make the hardware for the modification as I’ve come across a few others whom seem to use the same lens and filter assemblies.

Nidge.

1 Like

By multispectral I presume you mean does it combine the visible light and IR to create the image? I don’t think so. In my mind it appears to be a typical IR conversion whereby the IR blocking filter is removed, the standard lens assembly is replaced, and a blue filter fitted to the front of the X3.

Nidge.

No, sorry I meant, can it capture each waveband individually, along with red edge and NIR?

We used to use these cameras quite heavily a few years ago:

https://www.parrot.com/en/shop/accessories-spare-parts/other-drones/sequoia

I’m wondering what IR Pro have done inside the X3 housing, that’s all :slight_smile: