Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

It’s only navigation warning level NOTAM which means “keep this in mind when you fly”, not a flight restriction, so you can still fly so long as you keep the NOTAM in mind.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s an interesting world out there once you start getting into all the meanings. (Does that make sense?)

So many abrieviations, so little time.

1 Like

Someone’s being a bit of a dick over Derby railway station on Thursday. :laughing:

2 Likes

Commonwealth games restrictions now published. Bad news for @group-westmidlands members hoping to take part in the birthday challenge that didn’t want to use up too much petrol. :joy: unless you fancy obtaining police permission for every flight.

Here’s a easier to understand map of it. I did try to screen capture this from dronescene but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get the whole space on my phone screen!

3 Likes

Busy around Farnborough Air show this week.

1 Like

It’s strange that they have implemented the drone ban for a week or so before the games … not sure why they have done that?

Athletes arriving ?

2 Likes

I have no idea …. I’m guessing they will fly into BHX, so would be covered by the FRZ for the airport. I can only assume it’s a security thing … so they can ‘sterilise’ the area … no idea really :man_shrugging:

Road closures start from Tuesday which is when athletes arrive, they are using the student halls at University of Birmingham and no doubt BCU as well. You need a clean CRB and I have to give 24 hours notice, m car reg etc if I need to go into our data centre which is nearby. Hopefully nothing goes tits up.

We can’t take any deliveries there now until August 15th.

Some well placed dronescene entries could put a smile & eyes on that face. Flash competition time?

1 Like

https://airspacesafety.com/birmingham-2022/

Apologies if this has already been posted but please note the link I got from the BMFA. Wont bore you with the BMFA guff says it all at the source!

Foreign dignitaries too.

You West Midlands folks will be in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth cold turkey experience and I hope the withdrawal symptoms aren’t too bad for you all.

1 Like

Our @notveryprettyboy @crapflyer @Steviegeek club field is just outside :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

No fly zone for Manned and Unmanned aircraft over Birmingham and surrounding area from July 22nd to August 9th.

Commonwealth Games Birmingham Temporary Air Space Restrictions July 22nd – August 9th - British Model Flying Association (bmfa.org)

Moved your post to the thread where this is already covered.

Not strictly accurate, the outer red circle has been amended by certain lines removing some area not considered required to be restricted
This shows it better……

SailGP in Plymouth this week, the NOTAM is interesting as contrary to the organisers claims the CAA haven’t put in an exclusion zone, but instead only a Navigation Warning, and even more interestingly only down to 1500ft AMSL meaning it doesn’t show by default on most the drone maps

Now you’d have to be an arse to fly over the racecourse, there will be a helicopter there and if last year was anything to go by, it flies as low as 100ft AMSL but technically you’d be in the clear to fly on the periphery (the water comes under long rooms control, and it’s not worth causing trouble with them even if it was safe)

I cant help but think someone somewhere has messed up a little with this one, it should reasonably be from SFC so perhaps someone has put an extra zero and it was meant to be 150ft AMSL , might drop them a call later, would be cool to film the practice sessions on Friday.

For contrast here is a section for the LNTM (local notice to mariners):