Interesting NOTAMs / Flight Reports / temporary flight restriction zones

Spotted any interesting NOTAMs, any user-generated Flight Reports, any temporary flight restriction zones, etc on your causal browsing of Drone Scene?

Share them here!

4 Likes

I’ll kick us off.

What’s going on there then? :thinking:

Spotted at:

3 Likes

Left = Blackpool ATZ
Centre = Warton - BAes facility
Right = EGR 312 - Springfields Processing Plant - nuclear a la Simpson’s :flushed::joy::joy:

1 Like

Copied from the Drone Scene info, (WARTON, LANCASHIRE). BEYOND VISUAL LINE OF SIGHT UAS OPERATIONS CONTAINED WHOLLY WITHIN THE TDA. A DANGER CROSSING SERVICE.
Either someones going to have a play with an unmanned aircraft or fun in a Lightning.
I live nearby and not hear anything yet.

1 Like

Doh - I completely mis-read PingSpike’s post - get my coat and crawling back under my rock :flushed: :persevere: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah I did wonder what you were on about :rofl:

2 Likes

Good luck, whoever you are!

6 Likes

Hope this chap had better luck getting parked than I did on Thursday down there, and considering its pissed down all day I doubt it even happened.

HORIZONTAL LASER DISPLAY!!!

1 Like

:+1:t2:

1 Like

Land slide Bridport…

Any one on here? Only noticed as might be heading down there later myself.

2 Likes

Was planning a trip to Rannoch Moor/Glencoe early in the morning, then saw this NOTAM. Just wondering what the articles being dropped are :thinking:

FM A LARGE MIL ACFT … I would hazard a guess at it being the military practicing dropping large pieces of equipment such as small vehicles, generators ect into the field.

1 Like

Link to location in @Drumsagard post:

3 Likes

Just back from the Rannoch Moor/Glencoe area, I didn’t see anything but kept just out of their zone just in case. Saying that, the mist was so low at times that if they dropped anything they’d probably never find it again :joy: Apple Airtag anyone?? :thinking: :joy:

2 Likes

Just noticed a massive NOTAM covering a huge area of Kent that it’s in place from this Monday through to Oct!

This is a bit of a blow. I was planning to do some shooting there in a couple of weeks.

Anyone know any more or who we might be able to contact to get permission?

There are 2 NOTAMS covering the same huge area.

This is the first one starting Monday -

LFXX/QRTCA/IV/BO/W/000/015/5050N00137E035 A) LFFF;EGTT B) FROM: 21/05/17 06:00 C) TO: 21/05/21 16:00 E) CHANNEL TEMPORARY AREAS - FR AIRAC AIP SUP 080/21 - UK AIC Y 029/2021: OBJECT :
ACTIVATION OF USED AREAS - 17 MAY 2021:
ALL AREAS NOT ACTIVATED - 18 MAY 2021:
ALL AREAS NOT ACTIVATED - 19 MAY 2021:
ALL AREAS NOT ACTIVATED - 20 MAY 2021:
LF-R400 DEP, EG-D095, LF-D403 AND LF-R401 MANCHE 1 ACTIVATED (SOUTHERN PART) - 21 MAI 2021: LF-R400 DEP, EG-D095, LF-D403 AND LF-R401 MANCHE 1 ACTIVATED (SOUTHERN PART) AIP SUP AVBL ON WWW.SIA.AVIATION-CIVILE.GOUV.FR AND AIC Y AVBL AT WWW.NATS-UK.EAD-IT.COM LOWER: SFC UPPER: 1500FT AMSL

What does ALL AREAS NOT ACTIVATED mean???

Then the main one:
Active: Thursday, May 20, 2021 6:00:00 AM until Friday, October 29, 2021 4:00:00 PM (UTC).
LFFF/QRTCA/IV/BO/W/000/015/5050N00137E035 A) LFFF B) FROM: 21/05/20 06:00 C) TO: 21/10/29 16:00 E) SHIPS AIR EMISSION CONTROL OPERATION AND RESCUE AND RESEARCH MISSIONS IN THE CHANNEL STRAIT - AIP SUP AIRAC 080/21:
SUBJECT: CREATION OF 3 TEMPORARY RESTRICTED AREAS AND 2 TEMPORARY DANGER AREAS IN PARIS FIR AND IN LONDON FIR. THIS AIP SUP IS AVBL AT WWW.SIA.AVIATION-CIVILE.GOUV.FR LOWER: SFC UPPER: 1500FT AMSL

The 2nd one only mentions the French Authorities. So does it actually have effect if flying within the UK?

Any more info much appreciated.

The second part mention Paris FIR AND London FIR…so I would say YES.
Reading it in ref to the chart I would think the area overlaps into French airspace as a joint operation…so both countries issue a notam.
You can check with the CAA Aeronautical Info Service by phone.
See CAA/NATS website
PHONE: AIS Information Line on tel: 08085 354802 or +44(0)1489 887515.

I assume this “ALL AREAS NOT ACTIVATED” is something they can activate as and when required, probably related to immigration drone operations in the channel.

Thanks for posting. Moved to this catchall thread for such posts, so that there’s a single thread for people to check.

Yes… anytime (but usually the day before activity) .Usually by a Class One notam (teleprintered to airfields on the system). Some of these areas may be used for anything…not necessarily Border patrol work…Their function is listed in the UK Aeronautical Information Publication… A tome which costs a bomb and needs updating by hand from Notams 1 and 2 and pages replaced as and when required (usually monthly|).