Introduction - Newbie from Uxbridge

I am definitely trying the space, it is quite convenient. may be over the weekend and next week the weather forecast seems to be good.

Enjoy it. If it’s too busy over there you can nip over the valley to Latimer Estate. A few large fields beyond the DeVere hotel are also good to fly in.

Will check it out, just came back from flying in the Richmond flying field, it was empty and it is ideal to learn the drone and the controls and all that, it is huge and empty however there is not a lot of scenery for pictures, on a clear day you get the London skyline but ideally with a Mavic 2 Zoom but i enjoyed it there

2 Likes

@Mike_Ward90 I went there today with my daughter so it was a bit difficult to keep the concentration bit i have to say what a great location ! stunning views, plenty of space and not a lot of people and those who passed appreciated when i moved the drone away or landed it as they walked along. There was one time when a low flying plane went over us but luckily the drone was not in flight, probably going to Denham.

Thanks for the recommendation, we should probably organise a meet up there one day. it was amazing how much differently people reacted because i had a 5 year old with me…

1 Like

I was there yesterday morning Amir. Lovely weather.

1 Like

Glad to hear you enjoyed flying there! Yeah sometimes it can get busy with people walking down into the Valley to see the River Chess.

Also as you have the Mavic Air 2 having a tiny bit of the M25 off to the right is great for a bit of Hyperlapse training!

There’s another few people in the area that have done a meet-up over in Little Chalfont, so definitely enough people for a Meet-up if we all fancy it.