iPad Mini 5th Gen for the DJI Mini 2

Well after all the problems with using the fly app with the Android tablet I’ve taken a iPad mini 5th gen WiFi and sim and striped everything that can be removed off and now have it only for the drone , SIM card fitted for the gps , Matt screen protector to help reduce the glare and a soft rubber half case to help protect it . Although the weather here is not good I tried it this afternoon and it works the latest version of the fly app perfectly, so I am looking forward to better weather for a longer test flight but working very well so far . I’m really looking forward to being able to fly the mini 2 again with confidence after not being able to fly it for so long . Still need 1 more row of drone apps though to fill the Home Screen lol .

3 Likes

Dronescene ?

2 Likes

GADC ?

1 Like

Neither are apps so I have them both ready on the safari favourites bookmarks lol

Add them to the home screen, then just like an app :+1:

3 Likes

It’s good news as just done 3 batteries worth of flights and it’s a success, 100% signal and everything for all the flights , perfect live feed and rock solid , was so nice to fly the mini 2 again and now I’m a lot more than happy with the test flights it’s back to flying with confidence again . Many thanks to those members who pointed me back towards Apple and away from the update glitches of Android.

1 Like