Is this drone / seller a scam?

Hi everyone, new to drones and new here, great site and I have to say I’m learning a lot reading through the topics. Unfortunately I found this site after I had purchased my first drone, I had done some research on Google, Youtube etc and decided on a Holystone HS175.

Thanks to Google I’m now getting lots of “shop now for drones” adds and have just seen one that seems to have everything on it, gimbal camera, waterproof etc. It is fairly heavy at, according to the sales site, 3.5Lbs. I was stunned when I saw the price though at just under £100 with free delivery. Was wondering if there’s a catch what it is and, if it’s as good as the advertising says, why so cheap compared to some others.

Enjoying reading through the topics here, hopefully the wind and rain will ease off a bit and can get some flying done soon. Take care everyone.

Got a link Brian?

Hope this works, not to good with computery things :slight_smile:

https://www.excellentgiftshop.com/products/2021-latest-4k-camera-rotation-waterproof-professional-d58-rc-drone

Hosted on Godaddy ( worst hosting in the universe ) Domain only registered 5 weeks ago and the person registered used an address in china.

Basically, you might receive something after 6 weeks of being on a boat, but it wont be 100 quids worth of drone.

1 Like

Two things you will never see after ordering. 1) your money 2) a drone

7 Likes

This :point_up:t2:

1 Like

Yep, steer well clear Brian.

1 Like

@mudinstructor we have removed the clickability of the link you provided in order to prevent link juice, other people being scammed, etc.

2 Likes

Had a feeling to good to be true, loads of these adds (scams) about right now.
Thanks for the reply’s though, so far I’m happy with what I have was just curious pricewise. And thanks for the heads up about the link, didn’t think about that, sorry.

2 Likes

Run. Run as far as you can, and then keep running. It’s not professional, nor is it waterproof, and it’s certainly not 4K.

It’s the standard bait and switch routine. The drone pictured is the Potensic D58, not a great start. Then they go on to show a DJI Phantom 4, followed by a video of a DJI Phantom1, then another DJI Phantom4 getting splashed.

In reality you’ll receive, if you receive anything at all, it will probably be one of these.

It’s a scam that has been doing the rounds for a couple of years.

1 Like

A similar piece of kit - skip to 2/3 of the way through if all you want to see is the “4K” camera quality.

https://youtu.be/kp3SmgTpZ7U

There is a scam being heavily promoted on Facebook ATM - leather jackets at very low prices - or even FREE! You just pay the $30 postage.

The catch? You are limited to only two items. Oh - and hidden in the terms and conditions is the compulsory membership of the buyers’ club at $150 per year

Also install an adblocker already.