Is your horizon ‘wonky’? Don’t send it back

I’ve seen loads of you tube rants about wonky horizons and how they are going to send their craft back and sue dji’s arse off.
Anyway I was just fiddling about with camera settings on my MP2 and I haven’t a clue what I pressed but up popped a small icon on the bottom of the screen and a very long horizontal and vertical line which crossed in the middle of the screen.
On this ‘icon’ where two rounded arrow symbols, one on the left and one on the right with the word ‘roll’ written underneath.
I was curious to see what it was so pressed the left and right ‘roll’ symbol. And lo and behold the camera started to tilt to the left or right. I realised now that the intersecting lines were to enable you to align the horizon with the camera, in case it was tilted, tho it might be best to ensure you have the aircraft on a firm flat surface with the camera pointing to a line drawn on a wall with a spirit level. So no drama, no crisis, no YouTube rant.
I will try and recreate/log what I pressed to enable the icon to appear and post it here later.

1 Like

That feature is to get the Horizon level, which is part of the gimbal calibration settings on the Air.
Most people have problems with the horizon not straight, as in “it looks like a two humped camel” mine is the same.
This is a different issue to what you are talking about.
It’s more noticeable if you have say, a sea background, if you were to lay a small ruler in your screen, you will see exactly what I mean.
Or as @m2bfx has called it a wonky horizon.
This is a problem which DJI simply are not addressing,
and it has existed since day one of the Mavic Airs launch.

2 Likes

Not just the Air. All of the models.

1 Like

I have seen the humped horizon, but I’m referring to the horizon not being level. There were numerous people complaining about it on YouTube and venting their spleen.

1 Like

Then such people need to look at the settings in Go4. Being able to adjust it is nothing new.

What happens for a lot of people, I believe, is that they are so tense when they first fly it they hold the RC too tight and inadvertently press-rotate the right hand (I think it is) wheel - which does just the same thing. So they accidentally adjust it away from being level.

I did the same with the MP on my first flight, as it happens, which is how I know this.

You can also hold in the C2 button and rotate the exposure wheel for a quick horizon fix in mid-flight :+1:

2 Likes

That was the one I was referring to. :wink:

1 Like

Think a lot of people did actually have faulty units as well. Having to adjust horizon multiple times in flight.

Ive never had to use horizon adjustment on MP or now with M2P.

I wouldn’t be putting up with having to set horizon on every flight.

1 Like

Just drinking less achieves that. :wink:

2 Likes

Where’s the fun in that :rofl:

1 Like

Correct…its just crap.
It has been back to DJI Europe who checked it out and agreed that it needs repairing, but they replaced it with a NEW Air, on testing its the same as the old one, they then told me to contact DJI china who then wanted the serial number, version of software etc, along with what the fault is …really!!!
Now they want me to send it to China for repair/replace, if under warranty
They know they have an issue with the Air, but delay in getting back in touch…maybe delay tactics so you don’t bother.
Its crazy beyond belief.
B

2 Likes

Is it worth asking if they’d give you an upgrade to the M2P “at a sensible price” in their hopes that you’d leave them alone?

I have and the reply was…NOT A CHANCE

2 Likes