JCB Lake, JCB World Headquarters, Denstone, Uttoxeter - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

JCB Lake Park is open to the public and the 1.9km circular walk around the lake will take approximately 30 mins for an able bodied person and is wheelchair friendly. I was not staying long so I parked just off New Road (exactly where I placed the location pin) in the entrance to the Anglers Club gate. Carrying on a short distance up New Rd and you’ll come across twin roundabouts. Take the left turn on both and after the second left there is a large carpark. My son-in-law visited the lake recently and he assured me it was free and available! A bit further on from the twin roundabouts up New Rd is Denstone Farm Shop and Cafe , which is a 2.5mile round trip by foot to the lake.

There are no restrictions with regard to FRZ and East Staffordshire Council do not have a conflicting bylaw.

Great open place to fly with areas where you can quietly TOAL at your leisure.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 13/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

Replicated your edits on DS … so that they agree. :+1:

Cheers. Any idea why the photo isn’t showing?

Yes - there’s a Discourse bug. We’re awaiting a fix. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Haha. Cool ta. :+1:

1 Like

JCB huge site always reminds me of going to Alton Towers.

Just down the road. Took the missus and 3 kids there 20 odd yrs ago. Got free tickets for us all. Shame my daughter left them behind! Cost me a weeks wages and I spent all day with a mard on. :rofl::rofl: