Jeep ran over my drone in Italy

Well, here again.
Short, sad story.
I went in a desert parking lot to test my new used Mini2.
There was hoarfrost on the tables, so I put down the drone.
Believe it, or not…
a Jeep suddenly arrived, and the hell knows why, the driver passed between me and my car, just OVER the drone.
Noone else around. Plenty of space.
DISINTEGRATED.
I just have the plate number.
Whoever would believe that story…

1 Like

Report it to the police immediately.

And then drove off presumably?

Find out where they live, hire yourself a JCB and drive it over their Jeep… :rage:

1 Like

Share the plate number
Share the location

Hey, thanks ! But I am living in North West of Italy. I will do a paying search, just to have the pleasure to see the fellow.

Was a crime committed? :thinking:

:scream:

Did you take a photo of your flattened drone?

Asking for Wayne a friend…

3 Likes

I would say yes. Even if it wasn’t intentional, the driver of the Jeep would know that they’ve runover something, and therefore classed as an accident. Italian law, like the UK, states it is illegal to leave the scene of the accident without stopping and calling 112.

@cookaboorra I’ve created a separate thread just for this, to keep the Atti mode thread on topic :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes any pics please share :grinning:

Is running over something left on the road classed as a scene of an accident :thinking:

What if the drone damaged his tyre or wheel, or he swerved to avoid it and hit something else

Pass. But considering the driver drove over the drone, with the Ops car on one side of the road, and the op on the other … and the driver knowing they’d run over something and chose not to stop - would be enough for me to report it to the police. If nothing less than to record the accident for insurance purposes.

1 Like

It was frosty. A Mini 2 is small and grey - on a grey car park surface. Depending on the Jeep model - and I’m assuming something like a Cherokee rather than a WW2 Willys, it will be two tons with large tyres. I doubt the driver even felt a bump and, if they heard a crunch - it’s icy!

However, if the driver deliberately targeted the drone, I would suggest criminal damage.

1 Like

Agreed.

Also agreed.

Assuming it wasn’t intentional I’d guess they simply didn’t see a 4" bit of grey plastic laying the middle of the road :person_shrugging:t2:

Not intentional, no.
How many accidents happen intentionally ?
But he drove PRECISELY betw me and my car.
Unsetting, at least.
Will ask him his intentions.

yes ! Oh yes. I did not expected that attention. Sorry

1 Like

do you have drone or dji insurance aftercare

Whenever i put my drone down on a street, i stand right on top of it, because i don’t trust the drivers at all. If they destroy my drone they will have to kill me too!

I don’t ever put my drone on the ground, let alone a street or road where there could be vehicles. Hand launch, hand catch, every time.

I value my balls too much for that, run the fuck over me drone any day over those…

1 Like

I’m in the Philippines so the traffic is slow. Maybe 15 mph.