Jumper T-Lite or other small controller with Tracer

Just a heads up Jason, I have had 2 Jumper T-Lite units. The first one was dead on arrival and got replaced. The second one lasted a few months before having the same issue again and wouldn’t power up. I drove up to the Big Meet after testing it at home to make sure it was charged. When I got there I took it out my bag and it was dead. Luckily @DeanoG60 had brought along his TX16S and kindly lent it too me for the weekend otherwise I would have been grounded. Its not too bad as a cheap controller but I wouldn’t buy one if you need something reliable (imagine taking it on holiday only to find its dead when you get there).
With regard to the power for the module, I think from memory you can go upto around 200mW if you use a decent quality 18650 battery but the issue is the voltage regulator they use inside the controller not being able to supply enough amps to the modules. There are modifications you can do as have already been mentioned but again is it worth the time and effort for something that may well fail when you need it most? I hope you manage to find a controller to suit your needs, or if you go for the T-Lite you have more luck with it than I did lol :+1:t2:

2 Likes