Kendal Castle

I’ve just been messing with some speed ramping in DaVinci Resolve 17 free version.
Has anyone any recommendations for some good free LUT’s as I’ve none atm & this one would of benefited I think.

9 Likes

Have you tried using the colour warper? I have the studio version and am not not a great fan of Luts when there are so many tools to play with. Try using the scopes as well.

1 Like

LUT’s are not necessary for this. I use Final Cut Pro so not particularly familiar with Resolve but the biggest issues I can see are unmatched colour/density/saturation between the clips and also sky not bounded. Try using the colour controls to match the clips - reducing the warmth in some clips and increasing it ever so slightly in the ‘cold’ clips. In FCP you can grade one clip then match the others to it but I don’t know if that is possible in Resolve. You may need to do each manually. A very feint vignette mask would also help you in those clips with sky areas. Hope that helps.

1 Like

@Gulfmediaman,

Ofc you can do it in Resolve with an adjustment clip or nodes.

@ MTLakes My go to sources on YT are Darren Mostyn (professional colourist, TV and film work), MrAlexTech, and William Justice. All are no BS or life stories and straight to the point tuts.
Make sure you are filming in Jpeg + Raw to capture as much colour info as possible.

1 Like