Land pad lights

Hello all,
If you have £10 to spend on your drone, you can do a lot worse than spend it on four landing pad lights (assuming you have a landing pad, if not why not?). The advantage of these is that they have hooks on, so you can attach them to your pad to hold it in place without having to hammer in stakes. Obviously they also help with low light navigation as shown here…

You can get them here on Ebay (I don’t have any links to the seller, other than I purchased four from them).
Cheers,
Adrian.

5 Likes

I need to get some dog repellent for mine. Twice it’s been pissed on while laid out.

5 Likes

Can’t find the eBay link :thinking:

Sorry I forgot to put the link in…

1 Like

The Blue Danube if I’m not mistaken, Austrian national anthem.

What are the benefits of the pad? I considered on for the inspire but I just thought it’s something else to carry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not so much for the inspire. Good for Mavic due to low camera and prop in long grass

2 Likes

I would say there are several benefits to a pad. First drone protection from the underlying surface, which could be damp or sandy. Second it gives you something to aim for when landing, so helps improve you flying skills more quickly. Third, it shows spectators where the drone is going to end up, so aids safety. They are easy to carry, they weigh very little and my 80cm one folds down and into a carrying bag that’s about 30cm in diameter. Definitely one of my must haves.

3 Likes

They seem decent why is one of them flashing ? Or you just out it on a flash mode on purpose lol

They have three modes, red, flashing red and white. I set the one at the north point to flashing so I can easily see which way the drone is pointing from FPV.

2 Likes

Im well impressed with that helpful vid :+1: - just ordered 4

2 Likes

The 4 ordered arrived today - real decent sized “chunky” rascals - will be perfect on the mat - and I particularly liked the idea of having one on flash mode - :+1: for posting your purchase.

2 Likes