Landing Pad

If it’s a mini learn to take off and land on hand. I haven’t used my landing mat in yonks.

2 Likes

I have a bright green Kumfie sit-mat. If I don’t use it for the drone, I’ve got something to sit on :joy:

1 Like

They were a 3D print, this is the template for them:

3 Likes

I’ve had a look and I can see the sort of perfect thing, so I probably will get one but it occurred to me that they all push the weight up above the 250g barrier. I’ve done the CAA Flyer ID, but I realise it should change the areas and rules over which I can fly - which could be annoying sometimes!

I think when I weighed it, it was just under 250g as the drone isn’t actually the advertised weight. I’ll check when I get back home.

1 Like

Even with the legs comes in under 250g, just. The legs weigh 11g.

1 Like

A quick Google shows quote a few skids for Helis available some really look light weight from £1.05p !! - plastic. There are some alloy types as well.
Aliexpress also has them… Velcro them on I bough skids a few years ago for a 450 heli and they were alloy and very light and cheap.

I always have my pad with me but normally only use it if the ground is wet/long grass or has loads of loose stuff on it (some car parks/pavements have lots of loose chippings etc on them).

I predominantly hand land but rarely hand launch because its its a fiddle. Doesn’t mean I won’t do it but normally make us of the lanyard kit I have when I do.

1 Like

still haven’t got me drone yet so jumping the gun a bit I was going to order a landing mat what would you recommend the one that you have to peg out with tent pegs or the heavier ones that you just lay on the ground

If it’s a mini don’t bother , learn to hand catch and land from the outset

I have one of each.

I use this one the most (the 80cm option):

If you need to peg it down most likely it isn’t ideal drone flying weather :slight_smile:

I have the same one Andy it aint bad for the price. :+1:

I use an old Matt from the car. Big enough to land on and heavy enough to not fly away with the Downdraft

1 Like