Laptop for drone video editing 4k

Yes I use Final Cut Pro X and the editing is nice and smooth. My only issue is the size of the files 10bit takes up, so I use and external 1TB SSD as a scratch disk.

3 Likes

Totally - 4K on Final Cut Pro

It just Laps it up never any problems. It works every single time without fail.

No more unscheduled updates
No more loosing work or files
No more virus’s
No need for virus protection
No spyware
No ransom ware

It’s like upgrading from a horse to Tesla :grinning:

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random off-topic stuff

If I simply wanted to re play footage from my drone to my TV how would I do that, my TV is LG 55 inch 1 year old smart TVsuper UND not 4k

Plug the SD card in the telly box

1 Like

You should be able to plug your card into the tv directly or you can plug the cable from the tv into your laptop .

1 Like

Blimey chill out. So having checked my LG TV is 4k so i assume I’ll be able to watch content from a sd card via usb adapter in tv…

What sd card is recommended for a mavic air 2

2 Likes

There should be a slot in the side of the tele like on a good laptop. Or just pull the HDMI (?) cable out of the box and into the computer

1 Like

Disproportionately biased comments are of no help to anyone.

Several, and their replies, have been removed.

Hi Richard,

I have used Mac’s all my working life for editing photos and video, I use Photoshop, Lightroom and Final Cut Pro, I teach media at my local college and we use Mac’s all the time, yes they are expensive and I am slightly biased when it comes to there virtues and faults.

But during this time in lockdown I have been experimenting with my 10.5 inch iPad Pro as a total editing solution for photos and video, but I have also hit a problem when it came to video editing.

Although iMovie is good, I have been spoilt by Final Cut Pro over the years.

I friend of mine introduced me to LumaFusion (around £28 on the app store) for the iPad and I have to say it is really good and really quick in rendering 4K footage. (quicker than desktop machine using Final Cut)

It has convinced me to upgrade to the 12.9 inch 2020 iPad Pro which I hope will be arriving any day soon.

I know they are expensive and you can buy cheaper set ups, but they just work so well for anything media related.

It might be an option for you to look into if you are not tied down to any particular system or software.

I love the Pro range, but once you factor in the pro keyboard and pencil into the price, you’re talking MBP money.

True, I decided against the keyboard this time, just found I wasn’t using it enough, preferring to use the screen keyboard with the pencil.

1 Like