Lift Off lies! šŸ˜­ (aka - 'When is a sim not a sim?')

i think its a pretty good mix of being pretty to look at and realistic but also unforgiving a bit like the reality of flying fpv

1 Like

Holy ballsā€¦ unforgiving is putting it mildly! TRYP certainly isnā€™t easy for sure! :joy:

It feels v. different from the others I tried recently. Wasnā€™t sure I liked the physics at first but I think Iā€™m starting to get used to it a bit more after an hour of playing around.

1 Like

Having tried several, TryP is still my favourite for physics (and favourite overall). My biggest gripes however are:

a) It doesnā€™t deallocate resources on close correctly so at least with my PC config, after playing I have to reboot my PC otherwise everything will be sluggish
b) They need to support Steam Workshop so that the community can add more drones and courses to existing maps. Iā€™ve done all the courses up to pro/expert level but not good enough to do those, and practicing the same lower level ones over and over is too samey; wish there were more.

2 Likes

Bloody hell tryp fpv is pretty.

Just got it working with steam on Linux (Nvidia drivers and proton v7 - bit fiddly)

Not hit the edge of the map unlike other Sims.

Question: The tryp drone feels it gains altitude more than a real drone ? Like have problems dicing tot he droneā€¦ any thrust gains height. Any tips on what I am doing wrong ?

2 Likes

Yup - it sure is. Quick rip around a tiny part of the ā€˜Snow Odysseyā€™ map for anyone whoā€™s not seen itā€¦

Not sure Iā€™ve noticed anything with the altitude tbh, but Iā€™ve only had a few quick rips on it since I got it on Friday. The maps seem pretty expansive too which is awesome, and a nice mix of swoopy / cinematic spots and more freestyle spots within the same map. :+1: Shame there is only 4 of them though.

1 Like

Have you tried out any of the other drones? They make quite a large difference to power and hang time.

2 Likes

Ta - that works and the camera angle up a little.

Getting ELRS Bluetooth ā†’ change on game. A lag of (only) ~60ms. [Can not get wired to work] 3-4 frames recorded at 60fps. (mainly 4 frame sometimes 3.)

Iā€™m using my TX16S via USB on Macbook. Works smashing (USB stick has to be plugged in and active before TRYP is launched otherwise it doesnā€™t see it)

Liffoff lag 7-8 frames at 60fps (125ms)
Tryp FPV 3-4 frames at 60fps (58ms)
Big differences.
I try and get USB working.

Unusual steam - linux set-up for myself.

1 Like

Tryp FPV has lots of great scenarios such as chasing a plane ā€¦

tryp_FPV_Plane_2

2 Likes

Last one - chasing a rally car in the snow.
Snow_Car

2 Likes

Ohhhhā€¦ Iā€™d not dug deep enough to find those - cheers for the heads up! :star_struck:

The bike jumpers in the quarry and the snowy rally car chase are both superb. :+1:

1 Like

Eagle is just as fun ā€¦

Eagle5

2 Likes

Did you try the wingsuit ones? Even on racing drones with really high camera angles I struggled pretty bad :laughing:

1 Like

Didnā€™t JB try to do that one and failed as well?

I admittedly abandoned sims after I learnt to properly fly. I try new stuff IRL and if it goes awry i live with the consequences. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For those of you that have Tryp or are considering trying it, this just released on steam:

Patch notes here: TRYP FPV : The Drone Racer Simulator - NEW PHYSICS SYSTEM with Betaflight, NEW UI & UX, NEW SPOTS, and more - Steam News

Hopping in now to see how it feels, will report back :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: The new UI looks ok, but the game is very broken right now. Donā€™t waste your time, give it at least one more patchā€¦

WARNING: If you have any custom settings, screenshot them before updating. The update wipes all customisations (you even have to setup your controller again)

1 Like

I was looking forward to giving it a try later before getting some real life flying in this weekend.

Sad to hear they have broken what was a pretty enjoyable sim beforehand