Litchi advice please

Soooo!

Finally got around to looking at Litchi - mainly now because it runs on the CrystalSky, thanks @BCF :man_dancing:

They’re building a dual carriageway behind my house (literally, I can throw a stone to the road from my garden) and I thought it would be good to ‘fly the route’ on perhaps a weekly basis.

Litchi will be ideal for this as it is 100% repeatable :+1:

Just starting playing with the mission hub this evening and I’ve a few questions!

My plan is to take off from my garden, rapidly fly to where the road starts (approx 1/2 mile away), turn around, then gently fly the route the road will take, past my house, and onwards for another half mile or so in the opposite direction, then turn round and RTH.

I’m a bit unsure how to work out the tilt angle of the camera - assuming I fly at 30m what would be a good angle? or might this just be trial and error and I should do a few test runs first?

Next question, do I need to tell it to stop recording, take a photo, then tell it to start recording again? like I would do manually in DJI GO?

Can I get it to take a 360 pano somehow too?

I should manually set the heading throughout the entire route, right? so the camera is always pointing in the direction I want to film? ie. the ‘arrow’ on the hub map needs to point in the direction i want the camera to point?

That’s it for now, will probably have more Q’s later!

Anyone willing to share a mission they have planned, so I can get some tips?

Sounds like fun, presume works with Mavic Air ?? or Spark only

Their site says

I think Litchi, like most other app developers are still waiting for DJI to release a software development kit for the Air :frowning:

I have no idea why it takes them so long :frowning:

I’ve only used POIs so far with automatic gimbal pitch.

Use the planner on Mission Hub - Litchi

Right click to set your POI/s and altitude.

Then left click your route and choose focus POI on each and the POI number.

If you want a set pitch for the full flight without POI, set a POI and waypoint above or in front of it. It shows you the pitch it will automatically select.
Move the way point back and forward to get the view you want and you will see the pitch change. This should act as a guide of where the camera will be pointing at set pitches.
delete the POI and use that figure manually or in interpolate. Interpolate slowly adjusts pitch between waypoints but you could use same figure for them all… That’s just an untested theory BTW.

When you are setting up your waypoint, down at gimbal pitch, if you move cursor over to right there is a tiny little box that if you press adds the actions needed for a panorama.

1 Like