Litchi app crashes while taking a 360 pano

I have done way more missions with Litchi than 360s … I tend to use Go4 for that. Might be why I’ve never noticed “Joysticks”.

1 Like

No, I bought my Litchi from the Amazon app store for use on the CrystalSky.

Not about to buy it again :blush:

The JOYSTICK mode is normal, it just threw me when the app crashed and left me with zero control. Well, I could move the camera, just not the drone, it was nailed to the sky :rofl:

But yes, as mentioned, flicking to sports mode cancels and gives you control back.

Not in my case. There was no control … until it decided to let me have control back.

Sounds like my issue could be different … missing log files / flight numbers / DAT files.

Strange coincidence, though.

1 Like

When you upload them to AirData - are all your flights present and correct … and complete?

I didn’t think to check!

I’ll go take a look now, brb.

Hmm, this is interesting.

I made two flights, the first was a “normal” flight, 15 mins or so, no issues to report. Came back, landed, changed batteries, then went off to do the pano.

You’ll see from the above that it’s logged the first flight fine, but the second flight has been logged as four separate flights. One for each time the app crashed I guess.

Interestingly the battery percentage levels are just a couple of percent depleted from the end of one log to the start of the next :blush:

17 32 44 50

Each log also contains varying amounts of my failed pano attempt, e.g.:

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Slightly different to me, then …. but also seems like a kind of reboot for it to have created separate logs.

I have the M2Z and installed Litchi on Smart Controller I frequently get Joystick pop up on display, on my second mission litchi froze I had no control / response from controller and it just hovered to regain control I had to force quit Litchi and open Go4 luckily the mission had only just started when it froze and only hovering about 5m, ran 9 missions since no more problems so don’t know if this is related to issues experienced above.

1 Like

It’s certainly a problem I’ve never had with missions …. just as well with the distance (over the sea!) some have been.

Meh! Read only! :confused:

BUT … 1GB free space! I’m sure it was nowhere near that when I last looked. Something to monitor.

Random thought!

RC-Device connection? But the lack of one on the CS rather blows that out of the water.

I’m still veering toward some kind of onboard malarkey.

So - I’ll try tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Much loitering about waiting for council staff to leave the crop-circle location meant I wasn’t going to do my testing there … which had been the plan.

Tried this a couple of times with the Inspire today while at the north west meet up and it worked perfectly each time, no crashes, no lag, and full control was returned to me as soon as the pano was finished.

However…

With the drone staying pinned to the sky and Litchi rotating the camera below, the landing gear was visible while it was doing its 30° upward shots :man_facepalming:

So I’ll try this again with Litchi moving the Inspire aircraft instead of the camera, which would also then mimic what it does with the Mavic, but I’m now strongly suspecting the issue is indeed caused by old firmware on the MP (as Litchi support also suggested).

Did you ever get to the bottom of the issue?

Alas, no… and with the Mavic Mini not supporting 360s yet either, I am still pano-less :pensive:

(Automated)

Doors Litchi not work with the inspire?

Not actually tried that part yet - it may well work :blush:

1 Like

Sorry no that’s not right, I did try it rotating the aircraft. But no, it didn’t work, the mission simply refused to start :confused:

The downside to old and modded firmware eh :blush:

1 Like

Even without modded firmware, the collection of “bits from various places” Inspire would totally confuse Litchi … just displaying the message “WTF is THAT?!?!”

1 Like

Nah, it’s a legit v2 Pro now, both GO3 and Litchi have confirmed :slight_smile:

It’s probably just the same issue as the Mavic Pro, the sheer age of the firmware I’m running on it :wink: