Litchi on the DJI Smart Controller

Thanks

Installed Litchi on my SC but the speech/voice is all gargled and unrecognised I think itā€™s basic Chinese on top of English any help sorting this please Iā€™m new to litchi Iā€™m using with my M2Z

You could try this

3 Likes

thanks for that all sorted now

3 Likes

Still waiting for the new Litchi 4.20 to drop for the Smart Controller re Mini 2 support.

According to the guys at Litchi the Amazon App Store has a different / separate review process from the Google Play Store (who knew?) which takes longer than Googleā€™s.

Understandable I guess as itā€™s not exactly a high priority for Amazon.

Currently still showing the old 4.19 version:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VC-Technology-Ltd-Litchi-drones/dp/B07BYFHGPB/

I have the 4.20 on my sc updated today from play store

Youā€™ve installed the Google Play services on your Smart Controller @sdj_drones ? :thinking:

I did it on my rooted CrystalSky to get some maps and other Google stuff working but the Google services were forever crashing in the background.

I didnā€™t bother with the SC as I thought itā€™d just do the same (hence going the Amazon App Store route). Is it stable?

Yes I did I followed this on YouTube and alls working fine

1 Like

Any one struggle to get the Camera and video buttons to work o the SC . In the SC settings under DJI Labs. There is one setting in there that is all Chinese writing (second from the bottom), which needs to be enabled. The one right above it (camera lock), also needs to be turned off. With these in this position, both the photo and record buttons on the SC will work

work fine.

1 Like

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

I bought Litchi from Amazon way back when for the CrystalSky, begrudge buying it again from Google :blush:

Shouldnā€™t be long before itā€™s available via the Amazon store, Iā€™ll wait :grimacing:

1 Like

Itā€™s on Amazon now

Thatā€™s the old 4.19 version still :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah - that ā€œaā€ suffix must be for Amazon, and the ā€œgā€ suffix on mine for Google.

Always wondered what the g was about. LOL!

2 Likes

I wonder if thereā€™s a H and S for the various device/brand app stores too :thinking:

H & S? :thinking: Huwaaiaieei and Samsung? Donā€™t they use Google for apps?

1 Like

Yeah I think they both have their own app stores?

My Samsungs have used Google for most things other than Samsungā€™s own apps.

Litchi customer service is the best Iā€™ve seen for a long time ā€¦ reached out and they got back with in a hour here is there response ā€¦

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)

22 Jan 2022, 10:42 GMT

Hi,

We released 4.20.0 yesterday: What's new - Litchi
Please note for smart controller as it does not support google services we normally recommend using the amazon version of Litchi: DJI Monitors (Smart Controller, CrystalSky, Phantom 4 Screens) - Litchi
However 4.20.0 is not released in amazon app store yet, as amazon is still reviewing the app. Hopefully it will be available in the next day or two.

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

1 Like

Litchi 4.20 with DJI Mini 2 support now available on the Amazon App Store :smiley:

4 Likes