Little Langdale Lake District - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

There are a plethora of places to TOAL around the Little langdale Valley Cumbria, most of which are owned by the National Trust as Open Access areas. We started a circular walk from Elterwater, taking in the Cathedral Cave, Colwith Force and Skelwith Bridge/Skelwith Force before returning along the banks of the Brathay River to Elterwater about 13.5k. There was a single track road that leads up the Stang End Farm and this is where my TOAL was for the photograph. There is also the road that leads to Hardknot Pass, which was where a lot of my ground footage was taken before reaching the old Quarry Works and the cave.

Parking is a premium around this area as most places off road are used for passing but it is possible to pull over I guess (we were obviously walking). There is a National Trust carpark in Elterwater to start a walk from but I was staying in the village so it wasn't needed.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 03/02/2024. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes