Little Malvern Priory - Added to Places of Worship in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 574

Land owner permission obtained.

Parking on the other side of the road to the priory.

I have placed the marker for where I stood and flew from. Technically I didn’t need landowner permission as the land was publicly accessible - however, as I’d visited the fascinatring little church (lots of history to it) and bumped into one of teh churchwardens I asked and told him what I wanted to do and he said no problems… with one caveat. He was concerned about the privacy of the owner of Little Malvern Court (opens occasionally to the public - check hours). Thus this initial shot I’m sharing shows very little of the court.

However, when I contacted Lady Berrington (current owner) she wanted to purchase a copy of one of my photos so make of that as you will. However, on open days the area could be buisy with people.

The originator declared that this location was not in a flight restriction zone at the time of being flown. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying the same location.

1 Like

Hi! According to uavforecast.com it is within small airports radius…did you have any issue with this?

Cheers

Charly

I don’t have issues with it but thanks for asking :blush:

1 Like

I use dronescene to check flight areas, as well as visual checks, etc.

Without revisiting the map (on a mobile right now) I can’t say if anything has changed but there were no such restrictions when I flew.

1 Like

Don’t worry, there are still no restrictions here :slight_smile:

2 Likes