Little Neo-buzzy thing

I did the opposite to you. I bought the Neo 2 on the 6th July this year. I loved it so much I bout the Mini 5 Pro on the 6th August. Yes, you have to give the mini range a lot more respect and distance as the props are exposed. I use me Neo 2 to learn how to fly, I use the Mini 5 Pro to get better photos and videos, and to be able to fly for a long time before I need to bring it back to switch batteries.

1 Like

I was in essence the same journey, just older models for both. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t fault that logic!

It’s definitely been so much faster to use it with the phone / autonomous when I’ve been messing about with the person/bicycle tracking and quick shots at the local park.

I’m already thinking about Neo 2, but having just shelled out on Li’l Buzzy thinking is the only thing I’ll be doing for a good while, and in any case there are features of the N2 that do not fully chime with my jacket pocket concept; the clip-on RID module increases range but is the very sort of faff that I’d rather use my Lito for! Still dealing (in a good way) with the mental fallout from my landscape mode discovery, and am settling to the view that, kept close and low, the Neo with just the phone is not perfect but is still a fucking useful little bird capable of considerable multitasking! Connectivity is questionable, wifi is designed for the transfer of data within living rooms not half a mile away the other side of the park, but I’m fairly certain I can manage. For now, while I’m on the learning curve, it sounds sensible to limit height, say to 150’, and distance to 200’, and see how I get on with that! After all, I have the Lito if I want to go higher or further…

The module is for the RC / Motion controls, so it’s mandatory if you’d want to use it with a controller.

From what I understand it’s also significantly bigger than the Neo 1, so would be much less pocketable in your use case. Even if I’ve just taken the drone and my phone out I’ve needed a bag of some description - and at that point you may as well take the Lito!

Pretty much. The setup as it is at present is fine by me even if it isn’t perfect; perfection, as our Muslim friends tell us, is for none but Allah, and that is why master Persian rugmakers incorporate one false stitch, lest they be guilty of blasphemy., The lesson is to be content with what I’ve got, which is a perfectly sensible little pocket drone for unplanned flights! I’ll re-appraise this when the Neo 3 comes out…

Too windy for Li’l Buzzy today, and off doing ‘proper’ flying with Lito tomoz, in conditions that look perfect for LB if the forecast holds true. Might put her up in the flat to check out some of the moves later!

Lito = bag, with:-

.Drone

.Rc

Batteries/charger

.Power supply for charger/Strobon/flashlight

.Sunshade for phone screen

.Strobon

.Cable to charge Strobon

.Lens filters

.Little seal-bag toolkit; decent quality x-head screwdriver, knife, bandage, superglue, spare props, lump of Blu-tac for lens filters (Lito 1 does not mount filters in the normal way, insufficient research before buying it, shoulda bought X1).

.Fold-up landing pad/pegs

.Inflatable cushion (you gots a be careful of 'rhoids at my age, they’re a PITA)

.Spare sweater (battery lasts 35mins, plenty of time for the chill to set in while you’re concentrating on the drone)

.Wooly 'at (see above)

.Fingerless mitts (also see above)

.Plastic bottle for water

.Sarnies/Melton Mowbray/chocolate/banana

.Emergency Meds

.Flashlight

Bag has room for one or two items of shopping, especially after the sarnies and the Melton have been etten. You can see why I’m keen on a pocket drone!

No local butchers for a decent growler John?

If I’m passing the market, but otherwise a Melton is fine, and you can get them anywhere!

1 Like

Hold the jelly though… Can’t stand a meat pie that has jelly in it.

The best part that “ yum yum “ :grin:

1 Like

Just don’t picture the jelly on dog or cat food wen eating it :face_vomiting:

Probably aspic they use, especially in mass produced crap

Proper growler should have bone stock, it stops the meat from drying out and adds proper flavour

It wouldn’t make it worse for me, just nod and go, ‘mm, so this is what cat food tastes like!’
lol

1 Like

I’ve eaten better dog food (yes I’ve tried it) than some supermarket pork pies

1 Like

I don’t need to watch the video to know he will say the one without the jelly!

lol, I know that a ‘proper’ pork pie should have the jelly. That is fine, if people want to eat it they can. Just like if people want to eat jellied eels then they can. Wouldn’t touch it myself, but if we were all the same it would be a boring life.

@PingSpike staple for ‘dinner’

What about breakfast? Cockles?

1 Like