Liverpool Festival Gardens - Added to Forests and Trees in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Plenty of parking on site - just watch for the height barrier

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/10/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @Geoff.C !

1 Like

Having visited this site when it was “the” Festival Garden for that year (1984) I am so pleased to still see it being used as a site for the public.

Unlike the Welsh one (Ebbw Vale) which is now mostly a designer shopping outlet.

Back in the day, I did my best to visit all the festival gardens when they were actually the FG for that year. The only one I didn’t get to was the Stoke on Trent one in '86.

Nice images.

1 Like

Thanks @stubbyd.

I also visited the site back in the day, and I thought it was really well done. The Council looked after it for a time - even took my wife (then girlfriend) to see Chris De Burgh in the amphitheater there (bit of a guilty pleasure really). Since then, the park deteriorated and became overgrown.

It was renovated and re-opened around 2011 in a smaller footprint. Disappointingly it seems to be slipping back again. A real shame

1 Like