Lockdown skate park

Using lockdown regulations and my right to stretch my legs to take my drone to places that would otherwise raise an eyebrow or 2. But with the lockdown rules and the added time off work I’m able to get shots like this:

A completely empty skate park.

Also here is another shot I took on the same flight in my local park:

And another:

All taken on the OG DJI Mavic Mini

8 Likes

Great pics there Deano :ok_hand: I particularly like the empty skate park mate 🛼 :skateboard:

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’ve been eyeing up this shot for awhile but it’s always been busy lol

1 Like

Yeah the lock down does have one benefit at least :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeah a lot less busy in places :+1:t2: and that’s always a win :grin:

1 Like

What sort of height were you at for these mate?

Around 50 meters but the football pitch was closer to 70 to get it all in frame. Started getting high wind warnings while taking the shot of the football pitch so didn’t push it much more lol

1 Like

50.1m ASL the exif says ;o)

2 Likes

I’m assuming that data will be relative to my takeoff point. I took off from the top of a hill so may not be completely accurate.

1 Like

It says Sea Level as the reference point ! The skatepark photo for reference is 10m ASL

1 Like

Next time, stick some wheels on it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have no idea what the ground level is in relation to sea level as I’m in the midlands and the most land locked area of england lol I’ll sync up my Air Data and see what that says that should be relative to my take off point so will be out slightly.

2 Likes

Mate that’s quality! Summer project? :ok_hand:t2::joy:

2 Likes

Also the skate park photo was way higher than 10 meters lol

1 Like

Just looked at the flight data the Skate park was taken at 44m relative to my taken off point not sure how high the hill is roughly around 10ish meters I’d say so at a guess around 54ish meters

The football pitch was taken at 88m so with the hill added on roughly around 98ish meters.

1 Like

How do you find that information Chris?

That is the nuts mate :star_struck: you gotta have a go at that surely! :smiley:

1 Like

Ah cool just wondered roughly how high you need to be to fit a pitch in the shot :+1:t2:

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks :+1:t2: and where do you find the exif info from an image where you found the ASL information?