London skyline. O2 and Canary Wharf

Here are a couple from yesterday evening, taking a small detour after work. First time taking the drone out after dark and was quite windy, but I was quite interested to see how it handled low light.

This one is 5 bracketed exposures.

Image-002 by David Walker, on Flickr

And this is 20 staked images, intending to emphasise the light trails of the streets around the O2, but even with that many shots there was not enough traffic flowing to really get the effect that I wanted.

Untitled-1 by David Walker, on Flickr

25 Likes

Really nice shots :clap:

I did a night flight there some months ago, a nice spot and more relaxed in the evening along Olympian Way.

1 Like

Yes is is a good little spot, as long as you don’t let yourself be distracted by the numerous cars parked up on the slipway for a quick bunk up. :laughing:

You didn’t do a flyby?

Not really. The space that is available to fly in is very limited, not enough scope to make a worthwhile video I don’t think.

I got a couple of short clips, but got nothing to do with them for now.

2 Likes

Agreed… I did a small sideways video but it’s a very small flying area to play with in that location.

Wow beautiful photos … I thought that area be in a FRZ I suppose there a small area to fly which is not in FRZ

1 Like

Wow fantastic shots :+1:

1 Like

All of that hashed area is fine to fly… However the DJI Mickey Mouse map classes most of it as an authorisation zone.

1 Like

THat was meant as a very poor taste joke about about the parked cars… :slight_smile:

Haha. Flew right over my head!

Stunning shots