Longham Lakes - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Longham Lakes- built by Wessex Water as reservoirs about 25 years ago.

Farmers fields, golf course, and the river Stour to the west, don't go east as NFZ for Bournemouth Airport. Be mindful of the power lines!

Hiddem little gem.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/06/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

9 Likes

Cheers, and thanks for adding to DroneScene

Been meaning to add a few for ages but keep forgetting! Got some more to add but need to find pics out.

It’s not Drax, but I like it :wink:

1 Like

There is a flying club here. Flyers are there from about 9am onwards the owner has given permission for the club to fly there. It’s right near the FRZ Bournemouth airport. So if using a drone without GPS or model aircraft you need to know where it is or just stay near the water. Any aircraft and boats can by flown there but the club is based on water model airplanes and boats they may not be used to seeing drones and no doubt will be curious about your drones capabilities.

1 Like

Really?!! I never knew that, on the bigger lake I assume? Any particular day?

http://cdmfc.org/html/map_and_rules.html

1 Like

In the rules it says your need a card. I’ve spoken to the representative of the club he said anybody can fly there legally.

1 Like

I do have a fpv UK card but did not have one when I flew their last time. No one said a word I was left completely alone I was so surprised.

1 Like

Only seem to mention that they are affiliated with Bournemouth model flying association bmfa but I know they are affiliated with FPV UK as well

1 Like