Lost signal dji mavic air 2

Its nice too know that it is capable of something near them figures. Not that I’d be doing it . 3000 feet is nowhere near what they advertised.

Like @leeheyes says as he had a Mavic Air.

I had the Mavic Pro from day 1 of UK release and my first flight I went for distance and it for miles no problems and only turned it around before battery would run out, then at the start it was a firmware update after update as DJI rush it out, but I noticed my flights were shorter more interference between controller then drone and because of sneaky DJI I went down the hacking road and first thing was to revert it back to my original firmware out of the box and great again and other hacks made flying enjoyble again.

I’ve not had to go down this route for many years as I use NLD Mod.

I originally used DJI Assistant debug menu to change aircraft settings. I would at the time watch YouTube videos for guidance but as I have not used DJI Assistant for years I’m unsure if DJI have plugged this gap. ( Someone might confirm if still works or not) :+1:

Fakegps app was another why I used to get my controller and bird think my location was somewhere in America so flying in FCC Mode, but make sure your homepoint is set for your location as your drone will be heading to America :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have my Mavic in FCC mode but still don’t think it’s much better imo as still can have interference and objects trees hills buildings still will affect signal as it’s still all from the wee antennas on the controller.

If you do want a safer further distance flight then you should look at something like 4hawk setup.

1 Like

There are old versions of Assistant available in the Modification Section on here, and yes the MP1 is still fully ‘moddable’ although some later firmwares have removed the ability to fly in the NFZ’s etc

2 Likes

I’ve modded my WiFi based drones (Spark and Anafi’s) to stay locked on FCC mode as vanilla WiFi is a stupid idea for controlling a drone, especially in WiFi saturated environments on EU power levels. I haven’t done this so I can break any distance records, I think the max distance I’ve flown the Spark is under 100meters due to its size, but rather to ensure connectivity in RF noisy areas.

I think the Mini2 with Ocusync2 will not need modding for it to satisfy my intended use of it. If I need to cover a greater distance I have other platforms that are far better suited, and safer, to use at the limits of VLOS.

2 Likes