Lowepro maybe of interest to some

Just seen this lowepro drone case it’s reduced down to £15 from £50 possibly with free postage may be of interest to some people just thought I’d post seems a good deal.

4 Likes

Cracking bargain, thanks for sharing @lewiswaite23

1 Like

Cheers @lewiswaite23, ordered. I am a bag freak ;o)

1 Like

No worries, I thought it was a pretty good deal that people would like.

2 Likes

Anywhere for carrying batteries in this case ?

Pretty good review

2 Likes

The larger CS 300 is available from an Amazon seller for £25 delivered. It takes the mini in it’s flymore case, a bag for charger and other bits, the propellor cages and a tablet mount. On top of all that sits a folded landing pad and there’s pockets for paperwork. Not forgetting some elastic straps to hold the landing pad pegs.

Got a link for that one @Crackerjack mate?

This is the one, arrived in original packaging with labels, etc.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-DroneGuard-Case-Quadcopter-Drone/dp/B014CKW0BA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=cs300+lowepro&qid=1590029577&sr=8-1

Mine delivered this morning 9am by TNT. Photos to follow

3 Likes

Cracking, ordered mine.

While I would have preferred if the case had a shoulder strap instead of just a carrying handle, at this price is was just good a bargain to miss as on Amazon right now it is £52.19p. so I bought one.

1 Like

I do not normally write reviews, but as I have already made a post on this thread, I thought I would in this instance. £14.99 post free for a bag that is still on sale on Amazon for £52 can only be seen as a real bargain.

The bag is very well made and would offer a bit more protection for your drone than the flymore bag would, but will I change over and use it? Well the answer is no and while I have no regrets buying it and might well one day use it, I will be sticking to using the DJI flymore bag that came with my drone.

It is certainly much easier to put the drone in the Lowepro bag, but for me that is where it ends. Even moving the inserts I found putting the extra two batteries in the case a far too tight of fit and I was unable to put other things in it that I can in the flymore bag.

While putting the drone in the flymore bag requires much care, I put one battery in the front pocket, one in one of the side ones and a phone I use for the drone and a freewell phone holder in the other side pocket. Plus leads in the zipped pocket on the inside roof pocket.

But what I thought would be the main problem really was for me, only a carry handle and no shoulder strap. This means I would have to put the bag down of the floor instead of having it hanging safely around my neck while the drone was in the air.

If I did not have the flymore bag then it may well have been a bag I would have used, but I would not have been happy with it had I paid the full price. It will do very nicely as a back up bag and I thank my fellow member for posting up the link to it.

1 Like

I ordered one, arrived today. Didn’t get beyond trying the mini when I found out why the flymore case is better. There’s a lot of discussion about sudden descents and how it’s due to the mini not being stored correctly in the case. Today I realised the mini does not sit flat on a table, or in a Lowepro CS150 case, but sits on the props on a flat surface. There is a raised section under the mini in the flymore case and I realised that the mini’s underside sits on it, keeping the props off the base. It’s also that ridge which, when the props aren’t folded correctly, bends the props.

I can say it works perfectly for a mirrorless DSLR camera, additional lens & other bits 'n pieces and my other camera bags are now on FB marketplace.

1 Like