Lume Cube strobes at Currys

So I was looking to get another strobe light and Currys appear to have them in (online only) for a not unreasonable £36.62 each with free postage. Not bad thinks I, might get one. Then I noticed that they also do the 3 pack, oooh thinks I, I might get them a bit cheaper buying in bulk. Nay, the price for the three is £144.95, that’s over £36 quid more than buying them separately! I’ll buy them one at a time and get them to pay for the free postage three times!

3 Likes

I’m a noob concerning lume cubes. If I may ask…apart from spectacular long-exposure photographs, what else can one use lume cubes for, or is that basically it?

The strobes are so you can see the UAV from a longer distance, they are very bright, and if you put the red lens on, and stick it to the back, you’ll have a better idea of the orientation.

Ah I see. They are rather big though. I wonder about the weight and aerodynamic drag as well.
I’ve been using these anyway as they lighter and with a a profile that’s less obstructive to airflow.

They are visible from 3 miles away (manufacturer’s claim) I haven’t tried to get that far out though :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I have 2 of those for my mini, made the mistake of turning one on while looking at it :dizzy_face:. Only weigh a few grams each too :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I did the same thing too. It didn’t turn on at first coz I hadn’t pressed the button properly, I then stupidly held it closer to my eye to see what I was doing and next thing I knew the entire world was covered in white. :man_facepalming:t5::man_facepalming:t5::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

One bad thing I found with the Lume Cubes, the strobe flashes while you’re charging it, not annoying at all!