Lyme Regis West - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Parking is available in Monmouth Beach car park at £1.50 per hour (at the time of this upload) - you can pay via Just Park app and renew parking from wherever if you want.

I flew from the foreshore just by The Cobb.

Probably best with a sub 250g drone as it can get busy in the summer! However this bit of beach is fairly quiet.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 07/08/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

Hi I was there last week took off same location early morning and it was quiet getting some footage of the cobb.
I was approached by enforcement officer who ask if i had permission to fly, I said I didnt think I had to as on foreshore, nobody about and was flying over the sea. So rather than get into adebate landed my drone and left.

Any suggestions for next time as it is a lovely location?
Thanks

I agree, it is a very lovely place, I was there late summer of 2022 and did this video, but I have to admit even if the beach had a decent amount of people, I was never approached by anyone as I took off from the cabins near the pebble beach.

1 Like

If it was the foreshore then you were fine - you have permission to fly.

1 Like

We did our homework before setting off checking the fly app and to make sure there weren’t any restrictions, it was 2 of us, me with my little Mini 2 at the time and a mate with an Air 2s and we were not flying at the same time, rather he will be up in the air and I would be doing the spotting or viceversa, I’d go up and he spots me. I think that’s the best way to go if you got a mate with another drone.