M2P battery car charger

Obviously watch you don’t drain the car battery too low

I don’t know if I have missed something here, it may just that there is no power to the socket unless the engine is running. I would have imagined you have checked this?

Volvo v70, ex-police car so has constant 12v to the boot even with ignition off. Plus I installed an extra in the dash which is permanently live.

The charger I have gives 4A so should be just enough.
Just need to get in the shed.

OK I thought it couldn’t be so simple, it was just when I was fitting a dashcam into my Mercedes wiring it into the fuse box there some circuits live all the time, some live when the ignition was on, and some only when the engine was running. I was looking for one that was only live when the ignition was on.

Tread carefully if its newer than 52 plate as theres lots of can-bus circuits in cars, you don’t want to be blasting an ecu. Take your permanent power via a 10 amp fuse from the power input and earth from the body direct

@Sharky7487
Thanks for the info but I fitted it about 8 months ago now, I saddled it over a circuit that only became live with the ignition is on, and I earthed to the body. It has been fine, no problems at all since.

Great, sounds like a good idea.

Finally received adapter needed. Confirmed battery box outputs 12.05v, and as suspected, no joy :frowning:

May be better offf just getting a 3rd party charger that doesn’t have the voyage check rather than further hacking at this.

2 Likes

Does anyone use any sort of car charging device for Mavic 2 batteries? Any recommendations?

I use the DJI car charger, works great :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Might find what you need to know in this thread I moved your post to.

Thanks Dave.

1 Like

Thanks Stevie. The genuine one is quite expensive but there seem to be a few other makes. I’m guessing yours needs the engine running?

I haven’t looked back at all the comments yet but I’m hoping to charge on my boat with the engine not running so battery will be something like 12.5V.

1 Like

The biggest issue with the DJI car chargers is that you need to have the engine running for them to charge because of a crazy high cut-off voltage ~13v.
They also continue charging for about 10 mins after a good run that will have the battery charged above its resting voltage.

Do you not have a 240v inverter on your boat?
I’ve used a small 300w one (more than needed for the charger, but need that for a couple of other gadgets when camping). Works fine with the DJI mains charger.

2 Likes

Yep, but only because of how the cars socket’s are wired
I use it when travelling from location to location
:slightly_smiling_face:

However they’re wired - DJI chargers need a higher voltage than a lead-acid battery’s resting voltage.

1 Like

I’m afraid not Dave. There’s nothing really I need to power, we charge phones, ipad etc. quite successfully from the leisure battery. It might be worth installing one just for the DJI charger.

1 Like