Magic track pad or Magic Mouse ( for apple )

All sorted now, I found a link tutorial ….

1 Like

Calling @milkmanchris are you about mate, got a quick question I would like too ask you As your familiar with apple, I’ve scoured YT which is quite confusing but I’m hoping you have the answer, or if anyone else picks up on this message that uses Mac for photo edit ? Maybe you might know the answer, would really appreciate the help, which I’m sure the answer too my question is very simple, for those who use apple !
Many thanks

Fire away

1 Like

Thanks Chris, I didn’t expect you to reply so quickly :clap:t2:, I’m just having my breakfast then I’ll post the question, many thanks

Ok,
Thanks Chris, as I’m new to this whole edit RAW scenario, I’ve also noticed with apple when putting the sd card into the MacBook, there’s a few different ways too store your files before edit, without going around the houses & all tutorials I’ve watched on how to get the get the raws off your sd card, I just find it confusing, so my question too you is kindly, regardless as to what editing software you use ok,

When you put your sd card into your machine & it shows on the screen, where you can preview your data etc etc, you yourself, how do you organise or where do you put your files / pics on the computer ready too edit from your sd card ( RAWS & BRACKETED ), do you just transfer them too the photos app on the Mac, or do you set up a new folder as such & keep them there, where you can then use that folder with your editing software, or do you create a new folder within the photos app, I’ve watched people do it so many different ways, it’s kinda fried my head, so how you store your pics ready to edit the easiest way or for novice myself would be great, last thing I want too do is work away to realise I was working on a jpeg & not the raws, so yeah the best way to organise for then hopefully to be able to open them up in the preferred editing software, or even better once organised, on opening photoshop for instance the pictures are easy to find, hope that makes sense & I really appreciate the help ….

I have used a Logitech keyboard and mouse for years with my macbook.

Really not sure what an Apple item would add to the workflow ability. (sorry if the answer was above)

It’s ok @DroneGeek im on a completely different question now, :+1:t2:

Start a new topic then :joy: :joy:

I thought it would be ok to carry on we’re I left off, my bad, I think your right you know :person_facepalming:t2:

I come from old school so I don’t use the photos app.

I keep all my files (way too many) on external drives, but more recently am using cloud storage (I get unlimited Google space with work)

I import the SD card into a dated folder with a description example

\11022023_kirky_cooking

In that folder I put all the originals in a sun folder

\origianls

Then I delete the shite

Any edits then get saved into another sub folder

\edited

I use tags on the Mac to identify stuff like

Family, drone, holidays etc

There is no wrong or right in filing, but this has worked for me for 30 years or so and I can find pretty mischievous anything quickly and easily

1 Like

Many thanks for that Chris, as @DroneGeek said, I should have started this in a new topic, so my apologies for that :person_facepalming:t2:, feel free too delete, I’ll quickly screenshot that before you, or if you do to keep it on topic, I was meant to say also, I will be getting an external HD as I’m going to need it & keep all my work on there, once again thanks ….

I was only pulling your leg :grinning:

I should have tho, as it was nothing too do with the mouse or trackpad :person_facepalming:t2::joy:

Sorry Chris I was meant to say, but, if I wanted too that is, can I import or drag & drop the photos to the photos app too prepare to edit in a different suite / program, sorry I was meant too ask out of curiosity, would that be the case of there’s no right or wrong way, thanks

Yes you can

The photos app was firstly only a place to keep all your files in a library where they could all be indexed etc.

Only later did they add editing functions.

View them in photos by all means and then use your edit suite of choice (edit with/right click)

Brilliant, thanks again….