Maidens with Meteor65 Pro ELRS Edition

Somehow acquired a new quad on Sunday (always need n+1)

Bought it off someone who uses crossfire, and won it at Tinywhoop competitions, so got a good price :wink: Actually turns out is my first 65mm quad too (UK Tinywhoop competitions here I come!). After a little struggle with binding (SPI ELRS isnā€™t as easy as UART connected), but updated to latest 4.3 and all good in the end. A few strange things happen at times (will do a separate video at some point), but overall quite pleased how well it and I flew on about 4 or 5 batteries. Seems a great little quad TBH!

Hereā€™s some cut down footage from it (still need to get the OSD sorted, and name changed)

3 Likes

Just donā€™t upgrade your TX to ELRS 3.0ā€¦ theyā€™re dropping support for SPI RXā€¦ I guess you could add an EP2 (or smaller) to the quad and go with UART instead.

Is that your work? Looks like a good area to fly a tiny quad!

Yeah seen all that, annoying they removing it when quite a few coming with it now, and donā€™t want a V2 and a V3 TX (though maybe a new 1W TX isnā€™t a bad call for V3). Donā€™t want to add any weight to the quad really, the bigger batteries (which donā€™t fit in BTW, these BT2 batteries it comes with (what a lucky coincidence I used 20 BT2 connectors last week to upgrade all my old ones) are smaller than the usual onesā€¦ Annoying!) So will need to order some of the thinner BetaFPV BT2.0 onesā€¦ ergh. wonder what size the nectares areā€¦

Yeahā€¦ Out of hours quiet estate, was quite good fun, though had forgotten the ā€œpondā€ as I flew over and saw it, then a pigeon appeared, heart went into mouth a little, lol. Think the babyhawk might come here with me next time Iā€™m down here, as we tend to stay late on a Tuesday eveningā€¦ Instead of running I thoughtā€¦ oooohhh letā€™s bind and test this baby :slight_smile:

Check out the Cockroach frame from newbeedrone, they might have the 65mm version (I got the 75) . You can ditch the battery bay alltogether and just use a rubber band to secure the battery, this way youā€™re not limited by the battery dimensionsā€¦
Also, if Iā€™m not mistaken, the meteor65/75 have the same parts, the only difference is the frame and props, so if you ever wanted, you could up the size a bitā€¦

Thereā€™s a way around that. I have little TPU adaptersā€¦ designed myself in tinkercad!

Change dimensions to suit your quad and batteries.

Cheers, but a rubber band works well :slight_smile:

It does indeedā€¦