Malmesbury Abbey - Drone & LIDAR

Hey folks, another video, this time all about the history of Malmesbury … covering the prehistoric hillfort, Roman temple, the 3 abbeys built there, the resting place of the first king of all England, and the claim to being England’s first capital :wink:

Malmesbury is best known for its amazing 12th century abbey :church: In this video I show what was there before the abbey, going back thousands of years! Not just medieval structures, but Anglo-Saxon, Roman and even Prehistoric ones too. I use my drones, LIDAR and historic flood data to make this video.

I hope you enjoy it :grin:

9 Likes

Another excellent and informative video Chris, thank you.
I did suck some air through my teeth when the weather vane slid in to view though :grin:

Cheers Andy! I take it you mean this clip? I did a little more than gasp when I saw it slide into view during the flight :laughing:

Yes that’s the bit, your a calmer man than me, I think I may have gone into random stick movement, panic mode :smiley:

Brilliant … !
Great info, and I loved the sunset shot at the end … really atmospheric

Cheers @ximi! Glad you enjoyed it. :+1:

Another one logged down to visit Chris, it looks good and another well sorted info video.
You deserve more views and credit for the effort you put into these films.
Well done!

Cheers Clive! Yes, another 1 down, 43,867 to go :rofl: After the Wansdyke vid, the Malmesbury one was only meant to be a one dayer - although it ended up taking just over 4 days. As it has a lot of history!

As long as folk enjoy them, that is what matters. My channel is growing, albeit slowly. It’s great that you are liking and leaving a comment on the YT video, as that is what helps grow the channel further! :smiley:

Cheers mate :clap::+1:

Absolute cracker Chris - as good a documentary I’ve seen anywhere - well done :clap: :clap: :clap: - I see a new vocation on the horizon :+1: :+1: :+1:

Do me a favour Chris, and stop making these bloody videos, it’s costing me a fortune. Every time the missus sees one, she say’s “I’d like to go there”, now it’s going to cost me a load of diesel, again!
Jack it in will you! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Keep up the good work mate, nice one.

Cheers John! Glad you liked it mate, and thanks for the kind words :wink:

Btw … my sis is asking for me to come down to hers in the Gower and film in and around Goats Hole Cave, where the Red Lady of Paviland was found. Only about 10 mile away from your neck of the woods :+1:

Priceless :rofl:

If diesel continues to go up, I may have to :persevere: … although my DIY ebike will be ready soon :laughing:

• if you come down, give me a shout and I’ll do my best to join you and get you a pint :+1: :+1: :+1: